Terratec vs. Hercules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terratec vs. Hercules

Is there really a difference between the two for cards based on the same chipset ?
    I'm asking this cause according to what I see here:

Hercules Fortissimo II digital edition: $47
    Terratec SixPack 5.1+: $74

well I'm not sure about Hercules with Jimmy(?) the Graphics intern, but Terratec has had really really bad driver support for most of their products over the past couple of years.

Though I'm not sure if Hercules is much better, and how compatible both cards are with other drivers.

Comment

The SixPack is now obsolete, DMX 6Fire LT is its predecessor, and indiana seems to be quite happy with it. I think I'll be buying one soon, so if you want, I can post impressions then

It costs about ~120,- EUR though.

AZ

P.S.: Any news about your NoiseMagic adventure?
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

For gaming the Creative cards are the best, best compatibility. However I don'T buy a soundcard for some crazy wannabe 3D sound-fx, as long as it can't reproduce HQ stereo sound. (Kinda like Matrox for gfx-card, no crazy 3D gimmicks, but steady HQ signal-quality).
        There you won't want to go the Creative route, but take something other. The Terratecs cards are fine and at least claim to support some of those 3D sound "standards" (can't tell if they really do since I've never tried, not even when I had my SBLive - so I would not be able to make a comparision even if I used EAX on the Terratec now).

There will always be some people having driver/compatibility problems on certain setups, but these seem to be really more with the Creative folks. (and with the VIA chipsets and with the IBM HDs,...)
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
        X