DVI to VGA Adaptor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVI to VGA Adaptor question

I was over at Newegg.com checking out Pricing on a ATI Radeon AIW 8500DV and they have some good deals on a refurbed models, but the sticking point is that they are lacking the DVI to VGA Adaptor. I went over to ATI web site and they want 5 bucks for the adapter, which is fine, but they want $10 bucks to ship it ....So my question is this...are all DVI to VGA Adaptors made the same and are they all that hard to accquire at local computer shows or the like at all?

Thanks

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

There are 2 types (I think they are DVI-I and DVI-D),
    The one you would want is the DVI-I, which is the same as the one you got with your Parhelia (DVI-D is the older style).
    Your Parhelia one should work fine on the AIW.
    Don't know how easy they are to find though...can't say I've ever seen one at any of the local shops around here, but I never really looked...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin

Your Parhelia one should work fine on the AIW.
      LOL the one on the P is staying there ....the AIW is for my LAN box/HTPC/whatever I need it for PC I'm building

Comment

I figured it would stay with your P...I was just pointing out that they are universal, as long as you get the right style...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I punched in DVI-I in pricewatch and I'm still looking at spending close to 20 bucks to get one...damn what a rip..

Comment

You might as well order the component dongle from ATI while you're at it and leverage the shipping charge.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
              I punched in DVI-I in pricewatch and I'm still looking at spending close to 20 bucks to get one...damn what a rip..
              Well, what do you expect from a 2nd rate company like ATI?
              A decent video card (coughparheliacough) would have come with the adapter in the box.

Comment

Working...
              X