Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia ate my monitor ?

Hi all,

I posted this to the Matrox forums also but I thought I'd post here to.

Received my Parhelia from Matrox yesterday and all was fine for about 10 hours running at 1600x1200x32 85Hz on my 22" iiyama Pro 512. Then Bang!!

Monitor dead, something blew in it. Luckily its being replaced next tuesday but Im a bit worried now that the Parhelia card somehow may have overloaded something and when I get the new monitor its going to happen again.

The Parhelia card is still working as is the rest of my system. I tried the monitor with my G400 Max also just to make sure but still the same.

As I said the monitor was under no particular strain with the new card. I had been running at 1600x1200x32 with the G400 Max for months with no trouble.

Could there possibly be a problem with the card or was it a freak occurance?

Anyone else out there using a 22" iiyama Pro 512 with the Parhelia?.

Thanks
    System ::
    Dual XP1800
    Tyan Tiger MP
    1Gb Crucial PC2100 DDR
    Parhelia 128mb
    Alcatel USB ADSL
    SB Live
    400Gb various HD's and Raid

Probably just unlucky. I once had an Iiyama 502 die right near the end of its warranty period. The replacement came and died within a day. The replacement for that has been working fine for some months now. Statistics has to hit some of us, or it wouldn't be statistics...
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Yes is probably just bad luck, but im thinking if it was a power surge wouldnt the surge protector on my plug strip stop it reaching the monitor.

It just all seems a bit fishy just as I add my Parhelia to the system :/
      System ::
      Dual XP1800
      Tyan Tiger MP
      1Gb Crucial PC2100 DDR
      Parhelia 128mb
      Alcatel USB ADSL
      SB Live
      400Gb various HD's and Raid

Comment

A friend of mine had that when he replaced his Voodoo Banshee with a Voodoo3 3000:
        On the same evening his monitor sometimes shot itself down, the next day it got some very bad yellow touch all over the screen and that couldn't be sorted. Of course he blaimed his new Voodoo that it destroyed his monitor, but IMO this was just bad luck
        He got a new monitor three days later, and that works fine till now, he got a GF4 Ti4200 two weeks ago, and this time he wasn't unlucky and the monitor is still working ok
        Specs:
        MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

All negative comments about the Parhelia can now be refuted. It is so powerful it can blow up 22 inch monitors!! Try that with a Radeon.

Comment

LMAO
            "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
            Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
            DriverHeaven administrator
            PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Working...
            X