Another silly one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another silly one.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I saw a segment on the news this morning about this.
    The newscasters tore the fattys apart, closing with the appropriate statement "How about a little self control?".

All I can say is: What a bunch of idiots!

They may as well sue grocery stores for selling ice cream.
    If it's anyone's fault these people are obese, it's their own (there are situations where nobody is at fault of course, as in ppl with thyroid problems).
    But to sue companies like McDonalds for selling "less-than-heathy" food is assinine. This even tops the woman who sued them because she spilled hot coffee on herself, and said it was their fault.

What we need is tougher laws against frivolous lawsuits.
    If these people sue a company in this manner, they should be held accountable for court costs, and the defendants legal costs, plus damages. This would stop these idiots from starting these moronic suits in the first place, if they knew they had something to loose. As it is, they can pull any crap out of thier imagination and sue for it, with little or no fear of reprocussion if they loose.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I couldn't agree more Kruzin. When I heard this on Radio 4 this morning I didn't know whether to laugh or swear at the stupidity of it!

I'm overweight and the only person I blame is me! These people should take a huge reality check. The case should be thrown out and the lawyers (+plaintifs) fined for even contemplating wasting the courts time.

T.
      FT.

Comment

I'm going to sue the brewery for my beer belly.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

yeah..and I'm going to sue the farmers for my hayfever

Perhaps I could sue for discrimination against stores that don't stock clothes in my size?
          FT.

Comment

I saw this and nearly posted a link the other day, but I was afraid the pro-lawyer crowd here would jump all over me for having another go at those poor, honest lawyers who make sure big businessed tow the line.
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

"I always thought it was good for you. I never thought there was anything wrong with it," he said.
              Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Andrews
                yeah..and I'm going to sue the farmers for my hayfever

Perhaps I could sue for discrimination against stores that don't stock clothes in my size?
                I'll join you on that. How come when I go from 34R to 36R for trousers I can't buy any trousers in that size.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I think there is a rule somewhere that says you aren't allowed to be overweight AND wear nice clothes.

You start the petition and I'll sign it "Man at Millets, 4-Berth section"
                  FT.

Comment

The lawsuit - filed in New York State Supreme Court in the Bronx - says that McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and Kentucky Fried Chicken misled customers by enticing them with greasy, salty and sugary food.
                    Yeah, that's what they do! Don't you have to entice someone to be able to get them to buy your product?

It woldn't make much sense to hear Burger King pass an ad that said, "Don't eat our Burgers, they are greasy and salty and will make you really fat!"

These people should already know that most fast foods are greasy, salty and fatty.

I always thought it was good for you. I never thought there was anything wrong with it.
                    Then why did you eat 4 burgers for breakfast???? Almost any food can be relatively ok for you in moderation. If that's all they lived off and they ate it by the tons, well of course they are going to get fat!

This whole thing is ridiculous, in my opinion.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I'm going to organise a class-action lawsuit against people like this - their sheer stupidity is causing extreme mental anguish to the few million people in the world who still have a grain of common sense.
                      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I'm in!
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                          I'm going to sue the brewery for my beer belly.
                          Maybe they'll give you a lifetime supply of beer as an out of court settlement.

Jammrock
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

and then he could sue them for an even bigger belly - LOL
                            FT.

Comment

Maybe they'll give you a lifetime supply of beer as an out of court settlement.

I like the sound of that. Free Beer.

I also like Richl's idea. But if they win you've also got sue the judge and jury for lacking common sense.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X