Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting news about new TMPGEnc

Quote from Doom9

TMPG 2.57 no longer reads MPEG files via the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader but through two dedicated VFAPI Plugins which use the Microsoft DirectShow decoder (for MPEG1) and existing MPEG2 DirectShow decoders (if you have a software DVD player installed), the MPEG settings can be displayed during an encoding session, when using 2 pass encoding the first pass will be shown as "analyzing", the ghost filter no longer adds noise in the right and left top corner, audio no longer disappears if the movie is longer than 3h, DV sources are always treated as bottom field first and the VFAPI Plug-ins have an option to reset the order to the recommended setting.

I would be interested to see what kind of effect this has on the encoding quality and speed. Seems to me that if you have a really good MPEG Directshow filter it could make life a little better for MPEG to MPEG encoding.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

I'll let you know as soon as I get the time to install it.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X