Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerVR and Intel....

Check this out:

LONDON -(Dow Jones)- Imagination Technologies Group, the provider of multimedia and communication intellectual property (IP), Wednesday announces that Intel Corporation (INTC - News) , the chip maker, has licensed Imagination Technologies' PowerVR MBX graphics / video core for incorporation into Intel Integrated Circuits (ICs).

Under the terms of the agreement, Imagination Technologies receives licence and development income and will receive royalty revenues when Intel ship products incorporating the PowerVR MBX Core.

The PowerVR MBX's redundancy elimination results in low power consumption and minimises external memory bandwidth. It can operate via a single memory interface for both CPU and graphics, which is critical in SoC systems.
    This should be worth following to see what Intel can do with the Kyro Techongy...
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Hmm... they could... make it into an integrated solution that soaks up your system RAM, thereby reducing what WAS a perfectly good 3D chip to the relative level of a Rage Pro.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

then again, Intel already has several chipsets with integrated video that already soak up the system RAM. Having an integrated video that is much more efficient with memory bandwidth like the Kyro series would be an advantage to most users.

edit: ah, I didn't realise that this was for SoC and handheld devices.. but I still think that the MBX would be preferable over conventional video cores in those devices.

Comment

Working...
      X