Which Gf4 ti4200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Gf4 ti4200?

So far I've got an Abit, MSI, Leadtek or Triplex to choose from. It has to be a 64 mb and as close to the feature set of the g400 as possible. Any other suggestions/past experiences?

Also I've been researching nView and can't find any mention of indpendant mode. Does it only provide scan and clone?

Thanks.
    "You win again gravity!"

I heard Leadtek makes very high quality boards compared with many other makers.

Comment

Thanks Dogbert. I'l look em up.
      "You win again gravity!"

Comment

I'd thorougly recommend the Triplix Silver cards (having the 64MB Ti4200 myself, opted over the leadtek I might add!). One thing to note with the Triplex however, you won't get a DVI-I to VGA adapter, you'll have to buy one aftermarket. Overclocks like a dream!

As for nView, it's not exactly feature "rich", I have only encountered it via the TV output, but it lacks a bit so far as I can see. I don't know about dual monitors.
        Last edited by Agent31; 25 July 2002, 00:25.
        Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Ahh, the advice of a fellow aussie. Exactly what i was after.
          Did you get the card from AusPCMarket? I'll be ordering online from there most likely, can't find a Triplex anywhere here in WA.
          "You win again gravity!"

Comment

OMG, you're from Perth??? wow, cool (I moved over to Sydney from Perth two years ago )

yep, I got it from AusPCMarket
            Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Well, no. But close. I'm actually up on the midwest coast. Good to talk to someone who doesn't think WA = Washington

I've never ordered from them before, but they sound pretty good.
              "You win again gravity!"

Comment

where "mid west", lol, c'mon be specific, south of Kalbarri, further north? I'm quite chuffed to have met another Western Australian here!

Comment

Ok, Mr Specific I'm in .... Dongara. 65 kms south of Geraldton. Just west of the Middle Of Nowhere (TM)
                  "You win again gravity!"

Comment

a true west aussie nice to meet you!

Comment

And you
                      How do you like Sydney after living in Perth? Not much on cities myself.
                      "You win again gravity!"

Comment

I'm pretty career focussed, so it's good for that, but I don't know that I rate it higher than anywhere else I've been. I'll be moving to the UK in the next year or so, that will be a real test!

Comment

UK? Good grief! Goodbye suntan, Hello pasty-white
                          "You win again gravity!"

Comment

Hey guys ... why don't you just PM each other?
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

is this bothering you?

yeah, OK, lol

Comment

Working...
                              X