Good cheap headphones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good cheap headphones?

Like the topic says, I'm searching for a pair of decent headphones, preferably <50,- EUR.

If anyone wants to sell used ones, that would be great, too, as long as you've washed your ears

AZ

P.S. Anyone want to buy a pair of Beyerdynamic wireless headphones?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Beyerdynamic makes some VERY fine headphones - and htey're very comfortable to wear if you're hearing music/... for a longer time. So you already have the right brand.

But stay away from any "wireless" headphones as they ALL sound like crap ( or at least I still have to hear just one single exception from this rule...) - even those damn expensive AKG "digital wireless" (I think they're called "999" or something like that, cost like 500€) just can't even claim to compete with a wired Beyerdynamic 75€ headphone.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

It sounds fine, except for the noise - it's really, really annoying. Cost about 150,- EUR, IIRC (was a present, I'd NEVER gotten me one of those after listening to them at the shop). And the part that goes over your head (don't know what it is called) is a bit too loose for my taste...

Still, if anyone wants to buy it, or exchange it for a nice wired headphone...

AZ

Comment

Why don't you get a nice pair of Sennheisers ?

Comment

Good cheap headphones?
          Fine Ugly Women?

Comment

I only have so much money, so I'm looking for the best I can get for that - I don't need an Orpheus.

AZ

Comment

Below are personal opinions, please try out before buying
              With the emphasis on Cheap you can try out Philips SBC HP090/00 headphones (the type that covers your ears).
              Adv - Clear sound, Strong Hardy design, very affordable
              Disadv - No volume control on the headphone or wire, and your ears get hot after a few hours

There must be a model with the volume control somewhere.
              Cost slightly less than US$10 here in singapore.

Specs :
              Freq Range : 15-22000 Hz
              Sensitivity : 100 dB
              Impedance : 32 Ohm
              Cable Length : 2 m
              Max Power input : 500 mW
              Jack : 3.5 mm stereo
              Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
              ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

My vote goes to Sennheiser as well. I picked up a set a while back and I was blown away. Senn's are amazing.

Comment

One Word: Sennheiser

I forget the excact model I have at home, but they are a great set of headphones and very confertable to wear. I got them for Christmas after pissing my parents off at my house with the bass from my Kplish 4.1 speakers ..if I remember right they go for under $50 bucks or so
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Yep.. Sennheiser and Beyer are the best ones around. Just get the best ones you can afford. I would try to afford something in the $100+ range if I could.

First choice would be the Sennheiser HD570s at $129.00. I've heard those and really like them at that price. Headroom has good things to say about the HD497s if you want to spend about half that.

Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!

Comment

Got a pair of HD490's, very happy with them..

Comment

I am also a fan of Sennheiser, but I have heard that the Grado SR80 phones are great also, with much lower impedance and much lower price than the Sennheisers. Give them a listen if you can.

Comment

"If you can" being the operative phrase Grado makes great sounding headphones, but they're all about as comfortable as a tuna can. Top notch sound - for as long as you can stand to have them on.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Price reall is the #1 point for me, unfortunately. So if I buy expensive ones, it'll be about 50,- EUR...

I only have an older aiwa amp, anyway

AZ

Comment

Working...
                            X