Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Parhelia works with ArchiCad 6.5 / 7.0 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Parhelia works with ArchiCad 6.5 / 7.0 ?

and will there be big difference in 128/256Mb cards.
    does it support three different size monitors so i can work with them
    all at same time ?

thanks

clatto verata nectKRHMM...

Comment

Re: How Parhelia works with ArchiCad 6.5 / 7.0 ?

Originally posted by yepitsme
      does it support three different size monitors so i can work with them
      all at same time ?

thanks

Ok, it does support different sizes, the only thing which must be the same AFAIK is the resolution and the frequency.
      Example: all monitors have to run at 1024x768@85, if you want to use this resolution for tripple head (which would be an effective resolution of 3072x768). It doesn't matter if you are using one 19" and two 15", they just have to use the same settings.
      Specs:
      MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

i thought so too 103er-Fan,
        does anyone know if there is reviews with parhelia and auto/archiCad
        ( others than aces )

thank again

Comment

I use AutoCAD for 2D drafting...never used ArchiCAD...
          Parhelia works great with AutoCAD. Impecapble image sharpness and color clarity. Smoothest panning and zooming I've seen.
          Not a single complaint on my part...
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks Kruzin, do you think there is much difference with 256Mb
            card ? and one more, is it possible in near future to use three
            different size monitors with not similar resolutions as a large desktop
            ( hardware or driver question ?) ?

i have now 21' Sony and i think i'm not going to buy two more of them....

1 x 21 and 2 x 17 would be nice, text and icons goes too small in 17' monitors with higher resolutions.

Comment

The 256meg card would only make a difference if you are doing 3D rendering with lots of large textures. If you are doing primarily 2D, 128meg is more than enough.

Matrox have made no statements of being able to do 3 independant resolutions. Everything they have ever published says triple-head is only available in stretch mode. So I would not count on ever seeing triplehead independant mode. It would be nice if they pulled a rabbit out of their hat, and made it work, but I don't know if it's even possible.

An alternative would be to use a Parhelia for the primary and secondary displays, and an inexpensive PCI card to run the 3rd display. With this kind of set-up, you could have independant resolutions...
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
              X