DFGUI v1.7 and faster client!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFGUI v1.7 and faster client!!!!!!

Finally found benchmarking bug that would sometimes cause invalid benchmark data to appear. This would happen if the DF Client was writing to progress.txt at the exact same time dfGUI was trying to read from it getting partially written data (that is why I couldn't reproduce it). I have now put in a check for this and it should no longer happen. Special thanks to Joe O. and everyone else for helping me track down this bug.
    Fixed a couple of minor bugs I found while searching for the benchmarking problem.
    Added support for new Use RAM feature in DF Client that gives you twice the speed if you let it load the entire protein.trj file into memory (-rt & -rf). A 200AA protein would need 143MB RAM, a 150AA protein about 121MB and a 100AA protein about 89MB of RAM.
    Fixed Upload bug where dfGUI would not always wait for the DF Client to finish uploading before it tried to restart DF Client in regular mode.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Now up to 1.71

Has anyone seen faster times useing the ' use extra ram' switch?
    I thought it was supposed to double our out put. I seem to benchmark the same with it on or off
    Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
    --------------------------------------------------
    OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
    and burped out a movie

Comment

Re: 1.71

Originally posted by Mark F
      Now up to 1.71

Has anyone seen faster times useing the ' use extra ram' switch?
      I thought it was supposed to double our out put. I seem to benchmark the same with it on or off
      Restart the client with the switch turned on! Oh and with the curent structure 256 mb is not enough memory on a w98se computer (Ok if you only load the client and nothing else it is)!

1.71 (July 24, 2002) Added OS detection for Windows NT 4.0
      Added the ability to determine protein size and display it. dfGUI will read the protein.trj file and attempt to decode the protein size. If the format of the file changes in the future, the protein size will be reported as: ???
      If you use dfGUI to start the DF Client it will now output what client switches you have selected to the benchmark.txt file when you click on "Write Bench Info".
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Had already restarted the client (as it uses a switch ); no joy.

It's an XP machine with 512MB.
        Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
        --------------------------------------------------
        OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
        and burped out a movie

Comment

I've just installed 1.71 and with the client in memory my structures have gone from 34k to 75k a day, this will partly make up for the machines I no longer have access to at work.

(amd 98se 512mb)

Breezer
          Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

From the DF news page:
            - Old protein will now be accepted for up to 48 hrs. after each update. However, be aware that the client/screensaver is likely to delete old files when a new version is detected (like it always has). So you may need to back up your buffered files, then let it auto-update, then put them back to prevent them from getting erased. Or just manually install the update and don't let it auto-update. We will release a fix to avoid this shortly for your convenience with future updates.

- A few minor bugs have been fixed in today's release, and an important new option has been added - you can now opt to allow the software to use up to 150MB RAM in order to double the production speed. It is only recommended you try this option if you have 256MB RAM or more on your machine. See the latest readme for details.

Comment

Working...
            X