Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking the Parhelia? Not possible yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking the Parhelia? Not possible yet?

Hello,

I'll receive the Parhelia tomorrow and I have couple of days to play around with it. I'm writing a review of it and I haven't been able to find any software for overclocking the Parhelia.

I saw on the MURC front page that there should be option to overclock Parhelia in the second release of MTS tweak utility but I think it hasn't been released yet

Are there any other methods to overclock?

Not unless you want to hack the BIOS PINS like I do I've a posted little data <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34871">here</a> and <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34913">here</a>.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant
      Not unless you want to hack the BIOS PINS like I do I've a posted little data <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34871">here</a> and <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34913">here</a>.
      Well done! Where could I find instrucions how to flash Parhelia bios and tools for that? Also some tips for how to change to clock frequencies into bios-file would be more than welcome.

Even better. Can you provide the bios file which already has little overclocked clock speeds? I'm new with parhelia but I think with default cooling GPU should run 230 - 240MHz and Memory near 300MHz?

Comment

I wouldn't take taht risk if i was you... what if you happen to have a mediocre chip?

Comment

kaboom!

Comment

Well that's only money.

So where are those instructions?

Comment

who's money Sampsa ? tsk tsk
              clatto verata nectKRHMM...

Comment

Your own money?

It's a nice side-effect of being unable to flash the PINs back to default value after destroying the card.. it's easy to notice for Matrox

Comment

Well, I'm not actually aiming to the top overclock results but if it's possible to raise the GPU and Memory clock with a couple of MHz just by flashing the new bios... it shouldn't be too hard and there aren't much changes to burn your card if it's done correctly.

Comment

But not for the local distributor

Originally posted by dZeus
                    it's easy to notice for Matrox

Comment

Well, all Parhelia owners, email entechtaiwan, they said they'll support the parhelia if they get enough demand! I want to oc !
                      Last edited by Edward; 25 July 2002, 07:26.
                      P4 2,4@2,6 AsusP4T-533 C 512 mb PC 1066 Quantum Atlas 10KII SCSI ATI R9700

Comment

entechtaiwan

how is the parhelia handling an o/c agp bus?

thanks
                        cal

"What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them?" Marilyn Pittman.
                        another dawg basking in the sun

iwill xp333-r, xp2500@ 340ddr :need better ram

Comment

Until Matrox hands over the information Ashley won't be able to include a P OC util to PS.
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Doh, the parhelia arrives today :P

Comment

Sampsa is the admin of one of Finlands leading hardware sites (and he's often seen at MadOnion's Fastest Webmasters list) so I think he know what he is doing. If you know of any benchmarks that will show the power of Parhelia, feel free to suggest them... Otherwise he'll just use 3DMark

Comment

Working...
                              X