Rt2500 + Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II + GigaByte GA-7DXR+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rt2500 + Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II + GigaByte GA-7DXR+

I'd like some advice/opinion about this sound card working together with a Rt2x00 card.

It has a Cirrus Logic SoundFusion DSP chip, not the CS4630 of TBSC fame, but the CS4624. Nevertheless its performance is highly praised in all reviews I have read, specially in the "bang-for-buck" department.

Not that I'm hunting for "El Cheapo". I'd gladly buy a Santa Cruz sound-card, if only it was sold in Portugal. Which it isn't. Or its evil twin, VideoLogic's Sonic Fury. Which no (believe me when I emphasize NO) computer store has even heard of.

But I'm not going to spend €200 either...

I've been using my Rt2500 system with the GA-7DXR+ own Creative CT-5880 sound-chip (PCI128) with no issues at all. Zero problems. In fact, since I switched brands earlier this year (I've had THREE Asus/VIA-boards expiring on me in six months, one of which on X'mas Eve -now can you imagine HOW ON EARTH would I be able to get a replacement in the next couple of weeks, let alone days- yelled "TheHellWithIt" and went for a GigaByte/AMD solution) I've been the happiest camper around.

But the sound is crap.

And now I need to "work" audio outside Premiere/Rt2500, thus a proper sound-card is in order.

What about Terratec, namely the SoundSystem SiXPack 5.1+?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

BTW, if any GA-7DXR+ users happen to read this here's one question: "Have you upgraded the BIOS to v. F8 (the latest), and, if so, did it completely f"#$%& up your system also?".

One last question: Should I install the sound-card in the PCI slot that shares the same IRQ of the CT-5880?
Working...
X