X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor nVidia.....LOL

The latest news:

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Although I find it funny competition in the graphics market has been good for us. We don't want to end up with one major player who'll stalk around like microshaft.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Is this bad English?:

To preempt any SEC action, Nvidia restated its financials, boosting profits by $1.3 million
      I'm reading it that their CFO had understated their profits by $1.3 million, so they corrected the problem and it resulted in a boost in the bottom line by that amount.

No one can discount the NV30. It'll really be interesting to see what the 3dfx/nVidia/Gigapixel teams working in cooperation will turn out...

*edit* Don't forget the Matrox/ATI Employees in there too!
      Last edited by isochar; 23 July 2002, 13:15.

Comment

Perhaps they've got the old Ati driver team in there.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

If any company was idiotic enough to hire ATI's software engineers they deserve to die a quick death.

Comment

something occurred to me the other day, whilst we jump up and down about competition in the processor and graphics markets... we all are quite happy to watch Creative Labs run a monopoly on the sound-card market...
            Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

I really hoped that nVidia's DD5.1 sound card on the nForce would make its way onto a daughter board. You know all the nVidia fans would pick it up in a heartbeat. Which is great because there would actually be competition that has more money and marketing prowess than Creative.

Comment

I had it with Creative, so my next soundcard is going to be a Hercules Fortissimo II Digital edition.

Comment

My current soundcard maker of choice is Hoontech. I do my gaming on one of their (obsolete now) 4DWave cards. I don't push it too hard (e.g. I only use 2 speakers, don't play games much atm.), so I can't vouch too much personally for drivers/stability etc, but I've never had a problem. Their home market is pro-audio, so you can expect good hardware and drivers. Also, these boards are noiseless. I've used cards which buzz when you move the mouse or there's a lot of video activity - there's none of that here.

Sorry to come off like a sales pitch, I just know what I like.
                  Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I had it with them since the "Live" drivers problems with win2K...now I'm on a Hercules GTXP. Best sound card I've owned so far...much better than the "Live", which I paid more for...

Originally posted by Dogbert
                    I had it with Creative, so my next soundcard is going to be a Hercules Fortissimo II Digital edition.

Comment

The Hoontech cards have a lot of features for the price. They are not quite pro cards though. More like value pro. In the reviews of the DSP24 value that I have seen. Their analog outputs have been lacking. Sometimes worse then the Soundblaster Live! series. Their digital in/out is good though. So if you are doing all of your recording using the digital in/outs. It's a good card for the price.

I have used the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 and it is a much better entry pro card then the Hoontechs. It just doesn't have as much in/out options.

Any Cirrus Logic based card (Hercules, Turtle Beach, Philips). Is a really good alternative to soundblaster.
                      I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

Originally posted by blacklotus
                        I had it with them since the "Live" drivers problems with win2K...now I'm on a Hercules GTXP. Best sound card I've owned so far...much better than the "Live", which I paid more for...

Well I even replaced my $200 SBLive! Platinum with a $60 Terratec DMX XFire and was quite happy with it - none of Creatives Win2k driver problems were there.

Of course the sound-quality of the XFire was only slightly better than the Live!s one so now I've got a Terratec 6Fire 24/96. Great sounding card with a great (and fully functional, even for DVDs ) digital out that wonderfully fits the digital in of my Onkyo reciever.
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

Still got that Xfire lying around waiting to be sold?

AZ
                          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

My ti4600 arrived. About to do some comparisons!

Comment

Well, not exactly lying around. It's in my second system now.

The SBLive! is still lying around and waiting to be smashed when I'm angry someday..
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X