M$ is getting sneakier by the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M$ is getting sneakier by the day

The greedy b@astards are going to mess with legit users of XP just to stop the warez copy users......

Seems the time needed to obtain a new key for legit users isnt worth much according to M$, and are planning a surprise for SP1 users

take a peek: http://www.betaone.net/archives/00000060.php

nuff said
    (dont affect me as Win2k is far as I will go with M$ for now, the new stuff is just crap)
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Re: M$ is getting sneakier by the day

Originally posted by Dilitante1
    (dont affect me as Win2k is far as I will go with M$ for now, the new stuff is just crap)
    I agree completely. When they decide to steal the usefulness of my legitimately purchased copy of Windows2000 from me, that's it. I will never buy another Microsoft product. All this seemed to start when monkeyboy Steve Emballmer took over. Well **** you, you overweight blob of fascism and fake enthusiasm. I will do anything before you ever get another dime from me.

Comment

Another way for M$ to make another buck.

So basically those who are using the corporate version of XP will have to PAY for SHIT.

Some people already buy shit, it's called fertilizer!

This is what I have to say!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Mentioning Ballmer made me think of the Developers, Developers, Developers incident, so in order to relieve myself I have to post the following links. Maybe there is a chance that someone here hasn't seen them before.

Developers Developers Monkey Music Video [3:01 QuickTime, 5.8MB]

Steve Ballmer Monkey Dance Music Video [1:46 QuickTime, 15.7MB]

Comment

Someone will slip a purchased key, I can assure you that. No matter what Microsoft does, SP1 will be cracked.
          System Specs:
          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

The EULA is going to be rewritten to fit a new type of ‘Corporate release’ and it’s been rumored that if a customers key is to get into the market, Microsoft may take legal action against those consumers
            Do I have to say more

When M$ started with WPA, They stated that "This will increas your Software sales with 25% or more"

It has:
            Pissed off our customers and we have sold 4 copies of XP.....

I have lost count on how many W98,Me & 2000 licenses we have sold....

oh yeah it has really boosted M$ software sales....

I have even been chewed out by a customer who thought that I had decieved him when i sold him a copy of office xp!
            "What peice of crap is it?
            It wont install on all of my computers and I can't give a copy to my doughter eiter!!!"
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Actually, you're all getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. This is a big fat rumor, and it isn't even CLOSE to true.

Can you imagine how NOT well this will go over with corporate America? Think about it - the entire REASON for having a corporate version of XP in the first place was because corporate users DEMAND unattended installs. Can you imagine a large company like GE or Ford wandering around to 20,000 PC's punching in a new key? It won't happen.

And that story has already been debunked over at Neowin, 8 ways to Tuesday. Not only by casual observers, but by people familiar with the code (such as AngelDeath, one of the original XP crackers). Chill out, folks.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
              X