Does IQ matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does IQ matter?

At the moment Im using a good old analogue CRT, and the Parhelia really appeals with its high quality image.

However, Im currently in the market to buy an LCD monitor, and I wont be getting one without DVI.

So, does Parhelia's great IQ carry over into the digital realm? I would have thought that it didnt really matter.

well, parhelia boasts some pretty high resolutions with DVI, and it can actually drive 2 of them.
    1920*1200 on 2 DVI-montors at the same time, or 2560*2048 on 1 DVI-monitor, AFAIK parhelia is the only card that can do that.
    I believe image quality depends solely on the monitor, and not the graphic-card, because of the digital nature of the output.
    its just a matter of how high resolutions the card can handle.

I donĀ“t know alot about this so i could be way off, please correct me if Im wrong.

Last edited by TdB; 22 July 2002, 18:22.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Well, theres no way I can afford a monitor that can do 1600x1200, so Ill be happy to get a 1280x1024 17", and I wont be getting two of them just yet either, so at the moment dual DVI isnt very handy.

The point being, that the Parhelia isnt all that fast - Radeon 9700 is the same price, and much faster ( maybe ). So it all rests on less quantified things, like IQ.

Comment

However, Im currently in the market to buy an LCD monitor, and I wont be getting one without DVI.

So, does Parhelia's great IQ carry over into the digital realm? I would have thought that it didnt really matter.
        To my knowledge the only thing to look at on DVI connections is it's maximum output resolution. I don't know of any analog style IQ issues that plague DVI output.
        <a href="http://www.unspacy.com/ryu/systems.htm">Ryu's PCs</a>

Comment

Does IQ matter?
          I would say so.. stupid girls can get pretty boring after awhile..

Comment

You just need to run several at the same time, you get about 60% extra IQ per girl.

Comment

Ideally you would want a LCD that shows 16 bit color which means that you need to use both DVI outputs to drive the single display.

I don't know of any LCD that support greater than 8 bit color at the moment.

But with DirectX9 having 10:10:10:2 color support and Microsoft pushing for greater than 8 bit color I would think it is only a matter of time.

Comment

LCD displays do 16 bit color, some high grade lcd's do 24 bit color (true color)
                I don't think there are any 32 bit color lcd's yet....

If you want one of the best quality LCD's, try EIZO.
                Expensive, but very good.
                We use them for Digital Photo Imaging...etc
                PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by jonhart
                  You just need to run several at the same time, you get about 60% extra IQ per girl.
                  That was actually quite profound.

Comment

You have to remember to lock your girls appropriately when you accees them, or you van end up with dealocks and race conditions

Comment

Originally posted by jonhart
                      i've noticed that the collective IQ of a group of girls tends to drop the more are added

eeeeeep... girlfriend looking over shoulder...

"And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                      X