Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best MP3 player that uses Compact Flash media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best MP3 player that uses Compact Flash media?

Howdy all. I'm in the mood to pick up a portable MP3 player. I have an Ipaq that uses a Compact Flash expansion chamber is why I want an MP3 player that uses the same expansion cards. If there aren't any good players that use CF, let me know some good ones that use another type of media, most likely Smartmedia I would guess.

I do know that the RCA Lyra2 is a steaming pile of crap. A friend of mine bought one and returned it within two days. I haven't found a decent CF player yet. Please report back if you do find one...

Edit: after browsing through the MP3.com hardware section, the Nex II looks pretty good. I don't know anyone who has one though, so I can't really comment on how good it is.
    Last edited by agallag; 22 July 2002, 19:44.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Didn't original Rio's take CF? They worked quite well, and can be had cheaply on eBay these days.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I think the Rios used smartmedia, not CF.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I know for sure that at least some of the Rio players use CF, and I'm pretty sure all of them do. Don't the first Rio players preceed SM?
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The Rio PMP300, 500, and RioOne use 3.3 volt smartmedia flash memory cards. The Rio 600, 800, and 900 use proprietary "backpacks".

Comment

The Nike branded psa[play uses MMC (MultiMediaCard) memory.

Comment

Working...
              X