Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price drop or refresh in upcoming months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price drop or refresh in upcoming months?

Is the price of the Parhelia going to go down at all over the next few months? After the 9700 comes out perhaps? If not. . .how long do you speculate that the refresh will be (ie with a larger increase in clock and mem speed)? All questions that I am contemplating for my next vid card. I SO want the Parhelia dispite it being slower than comparable priced cards. . .but its hard to swallow that I'm paying 400 dollars for a not top of the line card.
    My "Baby": Shuttle SS51G, P4@2.26 Ghz 533 FSB, 80 GB Western Digital Caviar "Special Edition" Hard Drive 7,200 RPM w/8 MB Cache, 512 MB Corsair PC2700 with Heat Spreaders, Pioneer DVD Drive (w/sexy slot load ), and of course a Matrox Parhelia Retail Vid Card

Honestly, nobody knows that is allowed to tell us right now. Don't expect the clocks to rise much, unless they add a molex connector on the card. Which they won't because they will only use the current board layout, redesigning the board costs way too much.

Comment

Matrox cards dont seem to drop in price. I remember buying my G400 MAX for $500 AU a couple of years ago..

Comment

This was on ReactorCritical, June 17th, but I've seen nothing to corroberate it on any other site nor any mention since.

We also need to mention that Matrox Graphics has got another star to make us amaze: they will offer a product that will support all DirectX 9 features sometimes in the Spring 2003. We assume this to be manufactured using advanced 0.13 microns process and clocked a bit higher than the current Parhelia.

Mmkay, I'm only the messenger...

Last edited by MWM; 23 July 2002, 04:46.

Comment

ReactorCritical? They post just about anything...

Comment

I have my faith in www.soontm.com !

Comment

I would say there is a possibility of the 256MB Parhelia being a AGP pro card, therefore having more power to play with, and thus possibly a clock bump. I doubt they will re-spin the chip any time soon though.

Just a though, no facts.

Ali

Comment

Just noticed a little price drop on shopmatrox. Its down to €399.

Sirko

Comment

Working...
                X