Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The return of the amazing toaster Compaq!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of the amazing toaster Compaq!

We have got one of those “Toaster Compaq’s” in for service!

And how does Compaq make their Toasters?

1. Take a P2 300MHz!
    2. Ad a passive HS!
    3. Wrap the IDE and Floppy cables around it!
    4. Put a floppy power connector through the puny fan that supposed to cool this POS!
    5. Shipp to customers!

Works equally well as a barbeque for hotdogs, steaks and hamburgers!

Not to mentions that fingers should be kept away! (!”#¤%&/()=?`½§@£$€{[]}\|€)
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

I like my toaster to be compact!

Comment

Finally someone makes a portable toaster you can bring on your camping trips!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Re: The return of the amazing toaster Compaq!

Originally posted by Technoid

We have got one of those “Toaster Compaq’s” in for service!

And how does Compaq make their Toasters?

1. Take a P2 300MHz!
        2. Ad a passive HS!
        3. Wrap the IDE and Floppy cables around it!
        4. Put a floppy power connector through the puny fan that supposed to cool this POS!
        5. Shipp to customers!

Works equally well as a barbeque for hotdogs, steaks and hamburgers!

Not to mentions that fingers should be kept away! (!”#¤%&/()=?`½§@£$€{[]}\|€)
        Me reckons Customer has been fiddling badly.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Then all compaq customers have been fiddling!

Its 5 for 5 in that model I have checked!
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Remind me never to buy compaq. Not that I would anyway.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well,

Compaq owners comes to heaven when they die....

They are in living hell on earth!

Comment

I've got a trio of old Compaqs, 2 Prolinea 5100's and a Deskpro 2000. I'm rather fond of them, they work well for old machines.
                Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Compaq makes the best Intel servers, IMO. The ML series kicks ass. I've never been very fond of their desktops or laptops though.
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

This particular POS has the floppy and IDE ports in front of the system fan that should have blown directly on the passive(passive HS are a Stupid idea on CPU's) HS!

Comment

haven't seen one of those yet, but I have come across a couple of "barbie" pc's, no need to crack the seal to look inside yet... but looking forward to it seeing what barbies got under the hood.
                      Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                        Remind me never to buy compaq. Not that I would anyway.
                        PIT, don't ever buy a compaq.

the company I work for has a big deal with Dell, so we get all their dual xeon workstations blah blah, I went to install a burner into one of their hinged cases and manged to rip all the IDE/SCSI cables off the mobo simply by opening the case barely enough to catch a glimpse of what was in there. Propriatry hardware SUCKS ARSE!!
                        Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

The Dells I've seen have been nice didn't have that problem.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm suprised theres anyone here who'd buy an off-the-shelf system rather than making one themselves from bits.

I mean, whats the fun of owning a PC if you cant spend days struggling with BIOS settings, jumpers, driver clashes, IRQs and weird software glitches?
                            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

RichL:
                              Your description is more acurate on off the shelf computers.....

Comment

Working...
                              X