What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong?

I see border around the edge of my final video. Why?

I capture using VirtualDub, I edit using Premiere 5.1, and I export to an .avi file. When I record the .avi file to video, after choosing show display on TV from QuickDesk, I get an uneven border around the display. I get this no matter what video monitor I display the video on. What do I do to see the display over the entire monitor? BTW, I am capturing at 704x480.

Is the border around all 4 sides of the video or just the top and bottom?

Ian.

Comment

Yes, it is on all four sides. However the image is not centered on the monitor...meaning, the border is larger on the top, bottom, and lefthand sides. I have tried recording from the PC/VCR (with output to TV selected), instead of recording the screen image (with show display on TV selected from QuickDesk). I get no image recorded at all that way.

Comment

OK, try doing this.

Firstly, open the file in Premiere and choose Export> Print to video OR Export to tape from the File menu and see what results you get.

If you have no luck:
        Capture approx. 10 seconds in uncompressed RGB in the highest resolution your hard drive can keep up with and then output the picture in Premiere. If this doesn't make a difference, don't worry. I have a lot of ideas. In fact, too many to type here at once so we may as well go one step at a time.

Ian.

Comment

>Firstly, open the file in Premiere and >choose Export> Print to video OR Export to >tape from the File menu and see what >results you get.

I get nothing trying this. I don't think my system is fast enough (K2 450MHZ, 96Meg Ram).

>If you have no luck:
          >Capture approx. 10 seconds in uncompressed >RGB in the highest resolution your hard >drive can keep up with and then output the >picture in Premiere. If this doesn't make a >difference, don't worry. I have a lot of >ideas. In fact, too many to type here at >once so we may as well go one step at a >time.

Without dropping frames, the fastest RGB I could get was 1/2 screen (16 bit). I got the same results when trying to print to video in Premiere.

I believe Premiere isn't a part of the problem. When I set output to TV on and record the raw captured .avi, I still see the borders.

If I could go back to Win98, I would, but I have too many apps now installed under Win2k. With Win98, I could even play an .avi under MS MediaPlayer and record it to video -without- changing the output to tv settings. Now, I can't even get the output to tv setting to work with the PC/VCR.

Comment

I recommend that we meet in a chat session so I can fire my ideas at you one by one, which you can try in "real time" (so to speak) until we find a solution to your problem.

Let me know if you're interested.

Ian.

Comment

Working...
            X