Parhelia and some older games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia and some older games

Been playing some older games recently, while awaiting a fix for NWN's problems on the Parhelia and was wondering if anyone else has tried these and maybe seen the same effects before I fire off a note to Matrox.

Latest Parhelia, VIA drivers, Win2kProSP2, DX 8.1, Athlon 900. All background programs closed out.

Freespace:
    - Alignment errors on entering text in pilot selection screen
    - Never recovers from an ALT-TAB

Freespace 2:
    - Alignment errors as Freespace, and also in the main 'menu' when in 1024x768 mode.
    - Mouse movement stutters every 4-5 seconds for about half a second. (I also see this in America's Army)

(can't test either 'in space' at the moment, a friend of mine seems to still have my cds... grr)

Aliens v. Predator:
    - Black screen after loading the map. Yes, I reinstalled, no G400 patch hiding anymore.

Black & White:
    - The diety arrival movie at the start of the game plays at an incredibly slow rate.

So am I seeing things? (or more accurately not, at least in the AvP case. )

Aside from these little glitches, I'm quite happy w/the card, everything else runs great.

Are you using the latest patches or have you tried to reinstall the game?
    I wanted to try Max Payne yesterday (looks awesome with 16xFAA btw!), but I couldn't start it, it always got back to desktop when the game was loading. After playing around with some option I still couldn't got it to run. Then I installed the latest patch and now it runs fine!
    Another game like that was No One Lives Forever, after switching from a V5 5500 to a Radeon 8500, the game ran choppy. After reinstalling the game, it ran much better!
    Specs:
    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

All games are patched to current. Went through my system before I started logging what was acting funky grabbing all current patches, just so I knew that wasn't the issue. Unreal (original) v224 has some interesting texture dancing, which was cleared up with the 226final, for example.

Comment

Hi
        For Alien v. Pedator...if you mean Alien v Pedator2 you should use the nocd patch......
        But i guess you mean the original A v. P
        ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Re: Parhelia and some older games

Black & White:
          - The diety arrival movie at the start of the game plays at an incredibly slow rate.

I have the same problem with B&W. The move is unbelievable slooooow. I don't know if this is caused by the texture compression problems we have also in JK2. Hopefully Matrox will release soon a fix for this compression bug.

Comment

Working...
          X