Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon MB

Is there an Athlon MB thta doesnt use a VIA chipset

Not really. All the AMD recommended mainboards for the Athlon and Duron are VIA/Apollo chipped. There are a few AMD chipped boards out there, but those have a Northbridge that is a VIA clone so....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 24 June 2000).]

Comment

so I guess I'll have to get an awe64 card.
      you know what the diff between the gold and the non-gold card is?

Comment

Gold has gold plated contacts and a better software bundle. Just make sure when you use it for capturing you have all the 3D, spatial and reverb stuff turned OFF. This uses resources too.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

so if I get the non-gold awe64 it should basically be the same?

also, how do I shut off ISA emulation on the SBLIVE?

Comment

Here's the quote from section 3.5 of the SBLive FAQ on Creatives News Server:

"Go into your system properties in the Control Panel. Open the Device Manager tab, and scroll down to Creative Miscellaneous Devices. Click in the plus sign to display the list of devices. Click on Creative SBLive! SB16 Emulation, and click the Properties button at the bottom of the window.

On the General tab, click in the check box labeled 'Disable in this hardware profile'. Then click OK. A red 'X' will appear next to the Creative SBLive! SB16 Emulation to indicate it is disabled.

Early driver versions left odd drivers in the config.sys and autoexec.bat files that loaded into memory even if emulation was disabled. Make sure you have the latest drivers. Removing the device will only result in it being re-enabled on reboot."

The rest of the FAQ can be found at:

http://www.americas.creative.com/res...blive.html#3.5

NOTE: Later on in the FAQ Creative admits that with some software, in their example the game Half Life, the audio can go scratchy. Sounds like a problem with the card or drivers or both to me....

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 24 June 2000).]

Comment

Oh, I did that already.
              I guess its a awe64 for me.
              do you know what the diff between the gold and the non-gold is?

Comment

Working...
              X