Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizzie - money making idea!

Hey Lizzie, here's an idea.

With all the hubbub about your avatar, why not set up the Lizzie-cam? You're getting that nice new DSL connection, right? Put the cam on all (or most) of the time, and charge people money to watch you.

You'd make hundreds monthly just from MURCers. You don't even have to do anything particularly naughty, just put on tight sweaters and get close to the camera once in a while, ZokesPro will pay GOOD money to see it. (As, I'm sure, will others!)

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Go **** yourself you ****ing bastard!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
      Go **** yourself you ****ing bastard!
      Whoa there. Let's calm down here. Zokes, I think this was purely a joke and nothing was ill intended by it.
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

That was completely un-called for!

Just because I was feeling depressed and decided to make it public doesn't mean you should say stuff about me like that!

Besides, what makes you think that I of all people would even want to participate in such an idea?

I like Liz as a MURCer but I don't obsess about her!

Comment

Originally posted by BuddMan

Whoa there. Let's calm down here. Zokes, I think this was purely a joke and nothing was ill intended by it.
          I'm not exactly feeling good at this time.
          I WAS starting to feel better but instead this makes me feel worse!

Comment

Wait, did I miss something?? When did you say you liked Liz?? And what's the big deal if you do? Are we all back in grade school here (man, I must have missed a lot while I was gone). I don't think blowing up will help anything Zokes. It's always good to laugh about things and that's what I would do with this thread man.
            System Specs:
            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

WOW! Dude, chill out. I only singled you out because other people were insinuating about your one-to-one... no wait, that was Alice. DAMMIT!

I'm mixing my pseudo-sort-of-sexual metaphors! Man, I really apologize. I still think it's a kickass money making idea though.

And c'mon - admit it. If it were like $5 a month? C'mon...

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Ok ok, I get it now.

That comment just happened to tip the scale a little too much. I apologize for blowing up at you like that.

To stay on subject: It's a good and bad idea. I think it's a good money making idea, sex does sell, even though Liz keeps her clothes on. But, and I don't want to sound like a feminist here, but it is kinda degrading.

BuddMan: I like Liz as much as I like everybody else here. Hence the reason I spend countless hours reading posts! This is my first Forum and it's my ONLY forum. Seems like the other ones pale in comparaison!
                Last edited by ZokesPro; 20 July 2002, 20:22.

Comment

Yeah, the others kinda do. This one just stagnates when we don't have Matrox stuff to keep us busy. I've tried to stir things up over at Via Hardware, but they for the most part don't "get" me.

- Gurm

P.S. What does "degrading" mean? If someone told me I could flirt with a camera in a non-naked manner and get hundreds of dollars a month for it... Jesus, it's a no-brainer! 'Course nobody wants to see ME on cam...

Comment

Just thought of something else!

How long does Liz spend on MURC? Or even in front of her computer?

What about the thread where she was pissed that someone from MURC was giving her ex-boyfriend updates about her? Hmmm, don't think it's such a good idea any more. (can't seem to find that thread anymore)

Gotta look at all perspective here!

Comment

Does it matter? Just post a tentative schedule. I mean, most webcams I've ever seen have "back in 10 minutes" signs in front of them, or are pointed at empty rooms.

Now, if there are personal considerations, then... *sigh* I guess that rules THAT out.

- Gurm

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                        P.S. What does "degrading" mean? If someone told me I could flirt with a camera in a non-naked manner and get hundreds of dollars a month for it... Jesus, it's a no-brainer! 'Course nobody wants to see ME on cam...
                        True.

I'm just curious to find out what she thinks about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                          Does it matter? Just post a tentative schedule. I mean, most webcams I've ever seen have "back in 10 minutes" signs in front of them, or are pointed at empty rooms.

Now, if there are personal considerations, then... *sigh* I guess that rules THAT out.

- Gurm
                          The idea is there! That's what counts.

You could always see if she wants to pose for a MURC calendar! (kidding)

Comment

I bet she'd do it.
                            System Specs:

Comment

I bet she doesn't!

It's 50/50 here BuddMan! Winner takes all!

Comment

Working...
                              X