In case anyone hasn't seen this yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case anyone hasn't seen this yet.

Creative has their new drivers out for the live series. They were only released under 2K and XP but I have them on 98SE and they are working fine. Extract the driver executable from the zip file and then extract all its file to a fodler. Otherwise you may get an error stating that it requires 98 even if you have it.

Edit:
    It seems to be the same driver as the Compaq version but the download is much smaller and contains all of Creatives basic utilities.
    Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 20 July 2002, 13:42.

You got the drivers working on Win98SE? Everytime I try to install it says I'm using the wrong OS. Did you extract ALL the files into one directory or what?
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 20 July 2002, 15:57.

Comment

Nevermind, figured it out myself.

Comment

I've been listening through headphones and I reckon after I install these drivers the base noise level jumps 10dbs... this is on a clean install of windows...
        Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

I have to admit I switched back to the "classic" Win98 / SBLive! drivers after about 5 minutes. Cranked up EQ, ran around for a few minutes and was impressed by the seriously screwed up sound volumes. I.E. the sound of the interface button clicks and whatnot was terribly loud, but the sound of a skeleton attacking at point blank range was far too quiet. Then the game LOCKED UP 100% hard, so I decided it was a failed experiment.

Comment

yep, I rolled 'em back straight away too... not impressed

don't you just love Creative?
            Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Heh, guess I won't even try.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
              X