anyone have some suggestions?

lately i've been listening to:

Faithless
    Esthero
    30 Seconds to Mars
    Underworld
    Leftfield
    Fault

Now, i'm not saying these groups are new.. thats just what i've been listening to lately
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Sum41
    Type O Negative (one song)

That's pretty much it for what I've been listening to lately. All my good cd's were stolen, I only have the one cd, Sum41.
    Last edited by ZokesPro; 19 July 2002, 12:43.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Personally, I'm into the classics...

I recommend you pull out those old Jane's Addictions albums that are gathering dust on the shelf.

Remember a time before alternative music was labeled as such. Listen to an excentric genius at his peak.
      Listen to a guitarist back when he was relevent.

Actually, I'm not some JA fanatic. I was just laying it on thick as a joke. Though they are pretty cool. Some of the best music made during my college years, in my opinion.

That Perry Farrel dude is extremely wierd, however. In radio interviews I've gotten the impression he is kinda goofy in the head. But... his lyrics are brilliant on Ritual. More like poetry than prose.

Some of my friends who take music way too seriously would kill me if I said this, but I really liken Farrel to someone like Paul Simon, due to his strong songwriting and lyricisim.

Cheers,
      Dr. Moreau
      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Since you've been listening to Underworld, my first suggestion would be... more Underworld Seriously though, what albums do you have? I have Beaucoup Fish, Everything Everything, Dark & Long, and Second Toughest in the Infants, and they're all awesome.

You might want to look into some Massive Attack, it's also very good. Mezzanine is a good album to start with, followed by Blue Lines and Protection, in no particular order.

I haven't heard of any of the other groups you listed, are they similar to Underworld at all?
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

If your a fan of The Beatles than that's always a good choice of music, as far as classics are concerned.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by agallag

You might want to look into some Massive Attack, it's also very good. Mezzanine is a good album to start with, followed by Blue Lines and Protection, in no particular order.

I haven't heard of any of the other groups you listed, are they similar to Underworld at all?

OMG haha no way.. i'm getting those cds sent to me in the mail to listen to, because i had never heard of them before.. woah.

ummm.

Faithless is great, you should check them out. Dido sings some songs in there as well for them.

Esthero is something i got ahold of a day ago, and cannot stop playing the cd! she's got kinda a relaxing voice. i would download Superheroes to give you an idea of the music.

30 seconds to mars is good.. sorta a deftones feel to them.. jared leto is the singer i think. i was in one of those deftones moods im not in very often anymore and i downloaded them. they are very good if you like that type of music.

Leftfield is also one to check out because,..

i am so running out of time. gotta ge to bank... be back to finish this
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Esthero is awesome one of my Canadian girls!!

Groove Armada is where its at ... Massive Attack is very kewl ... kinda dark, ambient ... the song Angel is unbelievably sexy ... Faithless is great in every album ... Underworld no longer exists as we know it so no new stuff from the pair coming out ... I'm sticking with Groove Armada ... oh ya .. CLASSIC SNEAKERPIMPS IS IT .. look out for the new Kelli Ali album coming out this summer/fall .. called Tigermouth .. it will be amazing .. oh ya Kelli is the former lead from Sneakerpimps ...6 Underground etc. ... ultra sexy voice ... Anyway theres my take ...

What else do I listen to ...

Brand new Prodigy coming out .. Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned! .... also the new Crystal Method ... a nex mix album ...

Erich
              Last edited by TeskoX; 19 July 2002, 13:48.
              It never seems to be fast enuf!

P4 1.8A at 2.4 at 133MHz with stock cooler, ASUS P4S533 with 256 Megs SAMSUNG PC2700, Matrox G400 Max, RAID 80 Gig (40 Gig 7200 IBM Deskstar 120GXP + 40 Gig 7200 Western Digital 400BB ... Can't believe I couldn't get my max above 2k in 3dCrap 2001 ... oh well

Comment

I really didn't like Faithless. Figures that he'd get his sister to sing with him though.

Mezzanine is a kickass album, and I do have most of Underworld's work, also very good.
                I picked up Assemblage 23 - Failure, and can't stop playing it.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                  Sum41
                  Type O Negative (one song)

That's pretty much it for what I've been listening to lately. All my good cd's were stolen, I only have the one cd, Sum41.
                  I've actually done an in person interview with Sum 41 when they were in Austin. Pretty laid back band, remind me of Weezer in their younger days.

New music....Hayden...for god sakes, Hayden....
                  System Specs:
                  Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                  May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                  Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                  And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                  just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                  For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

TOOL
                    I'm with the ugly guy below me

(It's amazing how many threads I kill with that line )

Comment

what kind of music is Hayden?

as a fan of tool you would like 30 seconds to mars as well.. download 'welcome to the universe'............

i seriously think i'm going to try and find and marry Esthero. haha
                      i cannnnnot stop listening to that cd. she so rocks

a new Coldplay album should be out soon as well.. looking foward to that.. except the only song they are playing on the radio right now i've had the live versions downloaded for a year and four months.. boooooo.

i just downloaded this song [Underworld - Moaner (long version)] it is so awesome. i have a lot of underworld but havent got around to purchasing any of their stuff yet... soon tho

just started listening to Fatboy slim for a change as well.

i cant listen to Tool for along time.. i think i listened to them for 3 years straight and have played those songs way too much.

i broke out the ol' SunnyDayRealestate as well the other day.. i love that band.. i wish they were still together.
                      Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 19 July 2002, 16:07.
                      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

If you like agression in music, I definately would advice you to listen to some music by Wumpscut... for example the song 'war', 'mortal highway' or 'totmacher'.

edit: can't spell
                        Last edited by dZeus; 19 July 2002, 16:33.

Comment

Hayden is kinda hard to describe. It's not amateur recording....it's more like a classy home recording kinda thing. I dunno, you just gotta listen to his stuff. You either like him or you don't. Good songs by him are Bass Song and Between Us to Hold. For some reason he only goes by Hayden even though his name is Hayden Desser. I can't find any CD's of him around here, so I just burned one off downloaded mp3's. If I locate one of his albums though, I'll probably buy it because he's a great song writer. If you look him up via KaZaA or something, just look him up under Hayden. You won't find anything under Hayden Desser.
                          System Specs:
                          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Actually, I've been kinda stuck on Stabbing Westward lately
                            I'm with the ugly guy below me

(It's amazing how many threads I kill with that line )

Comment

Am I the only one who finds most of the music in this thread particularly unlistenable? *sigh* I feel old, and I'm only 26.

- Gurm
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X