Google Tool bar kicks ass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Tool bar kicks ass!

Well in another thread by me about me having problems with IE6 autosearch, I downloaded the Google toolbar to alievate that problem. I also put it on at work and I went to amdboard.com today to see if there was any reviews on the Asus A7S333 I'm using. I went to one of the links...and I didnt know this at first but it was in german. So when the webpage opened up Google had it translated into English for me, with pretty good translation! Now if they could do this for Japanese and Korean websites I be set!
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Japanese and Korean websites
    IF only
    Lawrence

Comment

Yes. Yes it does
      "You win again gravity!"

Comment

The killer with translating Japanese or Korean (more or less the same grammar) is that J & K grammar is completly different to English. Sort of like trying to explain Baseball using golf terms
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Hmm, good analogy. It's a wonder the tranlators manage anything coherent at all.
          "You win again gravity!"

Comment

Bad news man!
            Lawrence

Comment

The good news is its fixed in the latest releases and the bar has an autoupdate feature that should cure most people!

I like this bar!

T.
              FT.

Comment

> Is there a google search type thing for Mozilla? -Leech

Yes, there is a Google Toolbar for Mozilla.
                Bet you know the quickest way to find it.

> Google Toolbar kicks ass!

It does. Especially when you press ALT-G.

Comment

With Mozilla, I just type the search into the address bar, hit tab, and enter, and get the Google results. I think there's also a toolbar, but I don't need it.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Read alert!

Ahh, the wonderful world of security. Be careful or you'll get googled.

Comment

I tried it and didn't care for it. Didn't really see an advantage over my current set up. I have IE6 set-up in XP so that I do is type "go MURC" in the address field to do a google search for MURC. This is a feature in TweakUI. That's the best set up I've found.

John

Comment

It's OK if you trim it down to what you need. I just left the search box, Google logo and "UP" button.

Comment

> I tried [the Google Toolbar] and didn't care for it.
                          > Didn't really see an advantage over my current set up.

Thought the same thing as you a few weeks ago.

Then I heard the toolbar had an experimental anti-popup feature.
                          Reinstalled.

Biggest time-saver is not having to wait for IE to respond to CTRL-F.

Instead, you type several words, jumping to each
                          by clicking the Word-Find buttons. Very effective.

Can your current set-up match?

> I have IE6 set-up in XP so that I do is type "go MURC"
                          > in the address field to do a google search for MURC.
                          > This is a feature in TweakUI. That's the best set up I've found.

Why type "go" at all? Press ALT-G, type MURC, press enter.
                          Want to move faster? ALT-G, MURC, hit the four leaf clover.

Comment

LOL, please. Alt-g two keystrokes. Go, two keystrokes.

The word find sounds nice. But I don't like the extra line Google Tool adds to the browser. I don't do searches that often.

Dr_John

Comment

Grab the bottom of that extra line, and you can minimize the size of that bar to "0" by just dragging it to the top.
                              Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                              X