M$ to charge money for browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M$ to charge money for browser

First you give it for free to destroy the competition. Then you start charging money for it.

MSN Explorer 8

You can find it in other places as well.

I'm happy with Opera. I guess this will not change my mind.

Comment

MSN Explorer != Internet Explorer

Well, as far as I know, MSN Explorer is not Internet Explorer.

Last time I bothered to look MSN Explorer was a skinned version of IE that was primarily intended to be used for MSN which is the Microsoft ISP. It seems this new version is adding a lot of additional tools as well.

Comment

TINSTAAFL!

Ofcourse they will charge when there is no competition!

Did anyone realisticly beliewe that MS gave IE away for free because they were nice??
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Ah well IE is not YET MSN explorer (MSN comes bundled with WinXPHome i think). but methinks it may be soon as the MSN colour scheme matches WinXP :P
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

They already <I>are</I> charging for the browser, or did you think it took $200 of software to boot a computer? And MS even said IE can't be removed from the OS.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Our spineless, worthless government would allow Microsoft to charge us all for the air we breathe if they were bribed enough.. and they probably soon will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                They already <I>are</I> charging for the browser, or did you think it took $200 of software to boot a computer? And MS even said IE can't be removed from the OS.
                Yeah, but that doesn't mean that M$ can't charge you to upgrade the browser.

Comment

Guys,

MSN Explorer != Internet Explorer.

End of story.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm, you're wrong here.

now:

IE xxx - Free, full of features etc.
                    Msn Exp - Costs money, has some features

Future:

IE yyy - Free, skinny, featureless and buggy, lot's of security holes and backdoors
                    MSN exp - Costs a lot, feature packed, less buggy, less security holes, less backdoors

Comment

Working...
                    X