Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX still rocks !

Aah, what a relief.

After a 1 year absence, it is back. I bought a GF3 last year, just for games really, in which it is great. And that's about it. The Tv-out, which is horrible, gave up on me a month ago. It's in for RMA, after which I'll sell it and get a Parphelia. I'm never straying again... It was hard finding one, but I was finally able to get one off Ebay after a couple of weeks. Had to buy it through a UK friend, to have it sent here.
    The actual chip is crooked as anything, it could use some lapping. But I put a Blue Orb on there and some AS3 and it's contacting fine for now.

But anyways, what a fricken difference ! Everything is sharper, colours are deeper and beter defined, 2D is so much snappier, dvdmax is a god's gift. I realise now how much I missed all that.
    When I still had the GF3 in there, I could do head to head comparison with the G200 in my file server, and that one also beat it hands down.

And to boot, it's not doing too bad in the games I play. Gta3 is on the edge of being a little bit too slow, but it's still playable.

Maybe I'm exagerating when I say that Matrox is a way of life, but it does feel so much better to have a Matrox in your box.

I've been lurking these forums for 3 years or something, but I might get a little more active, especially when I get my P

Rock on guys and girls !
    Last edited by Neomagic_Twist; 17 July 2002, 14:43.
    When I was still a kid, my parents got me a Packard Bell. I've never been happier. Now it's degraded to a foot support.

So far from my experience you won't regret the P purchase.

Comment

AMEN NT!

I borrowed a GF 4 from Best Buy for about 15 days until my P shipped and when I put my MAX back in 2 days ago, I was like, "MY GOD! I forgot I was using a color monitor!"

-D
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

When I first saw the benchmarks of the P compared against the G4, I was a bit upset. Then I looked at the FPS and realized: 60 FPS is still more than playable. Not like my eyes are going to be able to tell the difference between 60 & 170 FPS.

Once the P goes down in price a bit, I'm getting it.

Comment

g400max still rocks you bet. a nail in the coffin for the parhelia? lol...
          The future's no use today.
          <a href="http://autarkic.org/geek.html">RIG*</a>

Comment

Working...
          X