Modding a parhelia for overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modding a parhelia for overclocking

Ok, I'm figuring to get an Parhelia, probably a retail one, and I plan on trying some overclocking once the apps are available.

I'm just curious how many people are going to do this?

Chances are I'd proably use artic silver grease, with a drop of super glue in each corner to hold it on. Nice tip from another thread, just cut the superglue with a thin razor blade.

Anyways, being as paranoid as I am I'm afraid of the heatsink falling off.

8ballshardware.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, 8ballshardware.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

This is the heatsink I'm thinking of using, my case has two 92mm fans on the side of the case blowing right on the agp port so that should make up for the loss of a fan.

I'll probably just overclock the core, maybe the memory slightly, but I think the core is the lacking part of the card.

Tell me what you guys think?

Re: Modding a parhelia for overclocking

Originally posted by Blackphoenix
    Tell me what you guys think?
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Ok maybe I should have been more specific

Has anyone used this particular heatsink?

Also does anyone have guesses about how overclockable the parhelia might be?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Blackphoenix
        Ok maybe I should have been more specific

Has anyone used this particular heatsink?

Also does anyone have guesses about how overclockable the parhelia might be?

Thanks
        http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34439 Read the tread!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Just remember, that no matter what has been said in any of these threads if your card should fail for any reason after you make a modification to it, it will not be replaced under warranty.

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I understand that....I'll probably just chicken out and not do it, since I'd be spending almost $400 for it.

I do have 2 92mm fans blowing on the agp area, so that should help it cool down.

Comment

Working...
            X