Widescreen Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widescreen Monitor

I was in the local Apple store the other day, and they were displaying a 23" Cinema screen/monitor. Basically, it is a 23" widescreen plasma display.........I want one, only $3500!!

Does anyone know if they have this type of monitor available for a PC, and does anyone write drivers for it? A cheaper one would be nice too!

-V-
    ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

I might be mistaken but I believe that most plasma display HD monitors have a VGA input. Someone correct me if this is incorrect.

Kevin

Comment

They have VGA or DVI inputs, but we still need video drivers to support the geometry of the screen. Also, when playing a DVD, it should be able to recognize that the screen has a 16:9 geometry, not a 4:3.
      ASUS P2B-DS REV 1.06 D03 w/ DUAL 1.4GHZ Tualatins; Matrox Parhelia; M-Audio Delta 410

Apple Powerbook G4 - 1.33GHZ

Comment

The Apple Cinema display is an LCD, not a plasma panel. It does not have analog or DVI in, it uses an ADC connector, which carries the signal, power and USB. And they make an adapter to make it work on a PC.

It's an extra $150 and you gotta make sure you get a video card that'll support it, but it can be done.

Comment

Working...
        X