FlexATX case/mobo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlexATX case/mobo...

I just found a few articles about Shuttles "small form factor" pc's.... sounds veeeery interesting if one could get a mobo with AGP.... aparently one is coming from Shuttle aswell.... soon...

anyway...
    found this little thing on asus websiete:

FlexATX
    9.0" x 7.5" (22.8cm x 19.1cm)

really like to get an i845based card... and with AGP...
    so...

does anyone know of a case that would fit this card?.... was thinking of something looking like this:

any thoughts or recommendations on this... very apreciated =)

so long..
    <font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Problem is that a lot of flex-atx cases only accept half-height cards.

Though you can get half-height agp cards from some places... I recall PowerColor having a Radeon 8500 half-height in production. And isn't there a half-height G450/G550 available as well?

I like this Flex-ATX case a lot (though the budled mobos might not be to your liking):

btw.
    I noticed that the mobo you linked has P4 with SDRAM... SDR SDRAM cripples the performance of a P4 system a lot. Problem is that I've only seen FlexATX mobos for P4 + DDR without AGP slots, or P4 + AGP and SDR SDRAM. I haven't found a P4 + AGP + DDR board yet.
    Last edited by dZeus; 16 July 2002, 09:51.

Comment

Hey

Thanks for the link... the 2nd one there could be ok.... i want it as small as possible... and really liked the little square cube-thing

about the P4 and sdram... as you see in my sig.. i got a P4B coupled with 512mb sdram and a 1,6A Ghz... performance-wise... not at all a problem... tho it might get changed for a new p4b533 and some new shiny DDR soon...

About the GFX... there are some AGP GF4MX's... and as you said.. there's the G550... and some RADEON's....

that part wouldn't be a problem...

just would like to find alittle smaller case
      or possibly another mobo....

hmm... what FlexATX mobos do you know of that got p4+sdram+agp?
      <font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

I dont know how much you are looking to spend, but Intel makes a whole line of Micro-ATX boards which support DDR. They come with either onboard video or an AGP slot (or both) depending on which variation of the 845 chipset you get.

It's got all the goodies, Micro-ATX form factor, DDR, 533Mhz FSB, USB 2.0, AGP 4x...it's running for about $120 at newegg. might be a bit pricey, but i have worked with a lot of these new intel boards and they are rock solid. The only downside is that they dont allow you to overclock.
        -mungu

"She won't last forever, so why buy her diamonds?"

Comment

Ok... the options are rolling in

thanks mungu.

Hmmm... they dont seem to have any FlexATX boards.... tho 9,6 inches on that intel MicroATX... not too bad... if they just could chop of those 2 last PCI slots.. i would have my board

know of any fitting cases to this one?
          Last edited by Edguy; 16 July 2002, 11:26.

Comment

I dont know of any off hand, but it is a very common form factor. Most major case mfrs make cases in the micro-atx form factor as far as i know. I just did a search on google and i got this. I dont know anything about these cases though:

Buy Computer Cases and Chassis and other Computer Components from Directron.com with fast shipping and great customer service today!

try searching pricewatch...maybe newegg? they seem to have a wide selection and their price is very reasonable.
            -mungu

"She won't last forever, so why buy her diamonds?"

Comment

hmmm... how about this one..

don't happen to know of a mobo THAT size with 845 chipset?

...damn that case is so cute...

Comment

Here's one fromASUS with onboard audio, video and LAN. It would also give you some overclocking ability.

P4B533-VM

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                X