Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Increase The Output Speed?

Hello.

I have the Matrox G450 eTV card and I used it to capture my Dad's wedding from a camcoder. I captured it used the MPEG codec that was in the Matrox PC-VCR software. It recorded it at 25 fps and when playing it back on my PC the output is lovely and smooth.

But the trouble is, after editing it and such, I then wanted to put it back out to video again. So I used the output lead and plugged it into the front of my video, via the composite connection. I setup the dual view thingy on my card and then began to record the video being outputted to the video recorder.

I thought everything was well and good, until I played back the video and noticed it had a pretty low frame rate. From what I can tell it looks to be about 12-16 fps.

My computer specs are Pentium III 600, 256MB SD-RAM, Matrox G4500 eTV, Sound Blaster Live 1028.

Can anyone please give me details on how I can tweak the options and settings to get maximum frame rate on the dual output to the TV?

I very much appriciate any help given to me. Thank you for your time mates.

- Jim Morris

PS. After editing the video, I checked the output and it was lovely and smooth of my computer - just in case anyone thought it was my editing software or something. Also, would using a S-Video lead help? Thanks again.
Working...
X