Parhelia: Where is the Save/Restore Desktop Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia: Where is the Save/Restore Desktop Icons

For my old G400 There was an option to save and restore the desktop icons for every resolution. Where is this functionality in the Parhelia powerdesk??? I need this feature!!!!!!

I'm a software developer and so I must many times switch the desktop resolution for testing purposes. I don't want to rearange every time my desktop symbols for new.
    Last edited by murc777; 14 July 2002, 11:13.

Under Desktop Management

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

That's where the "save windows position" option is.
      Unfortunatly, the "save icon position" option is not there, or anywhere else.
      This feature is not in the new PD-HF, and I also miss it greatly.
      Hopefully enough people will let Matrox know that we want this feature back. If they do, maybe Matrox will put it back in...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

or sell it to us

Comment

Who's got free space to look at their desktop, especially if you're a SW developer? I hide my desktop icons and use a desktop toolbar instead.
          Last edited by xortam; 15 July 2002, 10:44.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

What? This is a sin of some kind, isn't it?

I need this feature.

Comment

Hi all,
              i phoned the german support, to ask something about my problem (thread: Problems with my new parhelia) and the man on the phone told me: he think that the feature save and restore desktop icons no longer exist !!
              But its only the message from a german employee !!

Greetings,
              SLICE
              Last edited by Slice; 15 July 2002, 03:06.

Comment

Well I still have my G400MAX and after installing 5.84 drivers "Save and restore desktop icons" options are also gone... Is it just me with G-series or is Matrox really droping this option for all cards and not just Parhelia?

Comment

Desktop Icons Save/Restore still appear in 5.84 for my Max under W2K. RMB the PD tray icon. "Automatically save/restore desktop icon positions" appears in my "Option" tab of PD.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

in w2k 5.84 this setting is still available to me...

Comment

It is only missing for the G400 other cards can still use it. I don't know why, but because this situation I have never updated to 5.8x.

But now with my Parhelia, as this is missing I'm very disapointed!!!

Comment

I think they have dropped this because it's useless.
                        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Apparently not useless if so many other people value it.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Useless?
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Ok, but if is not useless then here is my question:
                              Why do the hell in three years my icons have never moved from where I put them?

Roots?
                              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
                              X