No announcement yet.

Wow! CTF Facing Worlds III for UT2003!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! CTF Facing Worlds III for UT2003!

Looks Nice

Check out Plantet Unreal

Last edited by KilrB; 13 July 2002, 20:36.

Mark Rein alos put out this statment:

Folks.
    Sorry for not being around much lately with updates. I'm working on a whole bunch of things that need to be done before UT2003 (the full version, not the demo) can go out the door including, but not limited to:

1. Trying to close some deals that will hold special interest to UT2003 mod makers. Once these are done there will be some cool announcements.

2. Working closely with video card companies who are coming out with awesome new products this fall and want to use UT2003 to show them off.

3. Creating and approving a bunch of marketing / promo / box artwork / logos for all three games (UT2003, UC and U2).

4. Concluding a bunch of separate UT2003-related legal agreements for things like; the sound library we're using, the end user license agreements for demo & full game, and clearances for various logos that have to go on the box.

That is all in addition to my normal Epic management duties. These things all take precedence over marketing and PR because I don't want to be the bottleneck that delays the release of the game.

Digital Extreme and Epic have decided to each take responsibility for one of the two games we've been working on together. Having one team work on each game in one location should help them both get done sooner and be more differentiated. Epic will finish UT2003 while Digital Extremes will concentrate solely on Unreal Championship for Xbox. DE will be specifically working on the unique features and content going into Unreal Championship while we put the finishing touches on UT2003.

There has been a huge amount of polish work done to the game since my last update especially in the area of AI where Steve Polge has made AI that is vastly improved over that in UT. Infogrames is shipping a bunch of testers here next week to help us shake out the game a little harder.

In my estimation we're still more than two weeks away from shipping the demo. I know this might be disappointing to many of you eagerly waiting for the demo but as soon as we think we're 5-7 days away I'll let you know. I thought we'd be done with the demo by now but I underestimated. My apologies for that.
    I think the wait will be worth it!

Comment

Will UT2003 have any single player capability? For that matter, do any of the UT games support single player? I've never played any of the UT series.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yes, it will have a Single Player Tournament. Thats one thing they are working on is the AI of the Bots. From what I understand adding Skilled Bots to a game is quite difficult, thats why most multi-player games do not support Bots.

The original UT also supports Bots and has a Single player Tournament that I thought was quite fun.

Comment

Thanks. Maybe I'll start getting involved with UT to tie me over until Doom 3.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

so what if it looks better

Yawn, hasn't face been done before (and again before that?!)

All we need is official confirmation that Deck16 makes an appearance once more.... New levels, new weapons please. Somebody please be creative with this new engine!
            Cheers, Reckless

Comment

But it looks better - must be good
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                Will UT2003 have any single player capability? For that matter, do any of the UT games support single player? I've never played any of the UT series.
                There will also be Unreal II which is a single player only (story driven) game set in the Unreal Universe. This should be out by the first of the year. http://www.planetunreal.com/unreal2/
                My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Re: so what if it looks better

Originally posted by Reckless
                  Yawn, hasn't face been done before (and again before that?!)

All we need is official confirmation that Deck16 makes an appearance once more.... New levels, new weapons please. Somebody please be creative with this new engine!

I like face and am glad to see it. Deck 16 would be cool as well, but one i'd really like to see is CTF Hydro16. My all time favorite map. I doubt we'll see it, but everyone has there favorites I guess.

Comment

I really wish they had of taken those screenshots using the Parhelia with 16xFAA on to smooth out those edges. That map looks freakin awesome along with some of the others I have already seen and played.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

unless I'm mistaken... Unreal II is the full single-player game. UT2003 will be like QuakeIII was in that sense, because it will only be bots for single player.
                      Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent31
                        unless I'm mistaken... Unreal II is the full single-player game. UT2003 will be like QuakeIII was in that sense, because it will only be bots for single player.
                        Plu-ease

UT2003 will be much more like UT than Quake III
                        "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
                        Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
                        DriverHeaven administrator
                        PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

I tend to play Sniper in most games that have the option, so I'm hoping for LavaGiant
                          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Hehe another sniper. Ever played sniper hill (operation flashpoint (redhammer)).
                            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                              I tend to play Sniper in most games that have the option, so I'm hoping for LavaGiant
                              LaveGiant 2 is indeed in UT2003... and it looks amazing.
                              My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Working...
                              X