Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to overclock my Duron 750?

Hey everyone

I'm the proud owner of a Duron 750 on an ECS k7s5a board, which has no overclocking features (AFAIK). The poor little Duron doesn't quite cut it anymore, and I can't afford a faster processor at the moment, so I guess I'll have to try and be a 1337 overclocker

I've tried just upping the FSB to 133 MHz, but he doesn't like that, so that's out. Didn't work with higher voltages, too. I know there's some kind of "pencil the bridges" trick... is there any way of CUTTING bridges?

I'd really like to screw just a little more performance out of this system, and I'd be happy if I could run the FSB and RAM in synch at 133 MHz. But I don't know how

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

You could try the Overclockers modded BIOS which gives you a few more bus speeds to try, you can get if from here :- http://forum.ocworkbench.com/ocwbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=27&t=003724
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

i had a duron 750 running perfectly stable at 7*133 = 933 on a K7S5A. the best way to cut the bridges is with a dremel, i've tried them all.

other way is like Taz mentioned the OC Bios, it gives 112/112, 124/124 (930Mhz, should work), 138/138 and some more frequencies above that. however dont get the cheepobios from that site, but a regular OC Bios.

but the easiest way is probably using SetFSB, which will let you adjust the FSB for the K7S5A in Windows (lowest is 124 here).
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I've found a utility over there which lets me use all hidden frequency settings in a NORMAL BIOS

It needs to be run only when I want to change settings. I think that's perfect

Oh, but I COULD try and cut the one bridge that's needed for 7.0, but don't have a dremel or anything like it Any other tools suitable for it?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

What! You don't have a Dremel?! I thought everyone had at least one.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

A Dremel in my hands would be a dangerous tool. I'm not very handy I'm afraid
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

what is worth trying is using a pencil to set a higher voltage at startup, I used to have duron 750 that used to run 1t 1G=133x7.5

but you have to crank up the voltage

worth trying before your start grinding,

Comment

Working...
              X