- Triple Head Distortion/Questions. -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• - Triple Head Distortion/Questions. -

- Well, ive recently tried Triple Head Gaming. Just starting installing the games after my Graphic Programs. The supported Americas Army comes with the Triple Head Resolutions, and it works. But for some odd reason, i get a "semi-zoomed" view. Where i can only see the tip of the gun and cross-hair. I dont have a real problem with it. It just seems disorienting (Playing in 2400x600 with 16xFAA is excellent looking and smooth playing). Im just wondering if it's a general Triple Head issue that can be resolved with driver releases. Or a tweak or config you can offer. Or if i just have to live with the minor problem?

And for my other question. How do i enable Triple Head in Unreal Tournament. Do i have to use OpenGL? Cause so far i only tried changing the resolutions through the game with DirectX. Only to end up in a Windowed Interface thats looks 640x480 in size. What do i have to config and tweak for the Resolution and FOV? I tried looking at the last few pages, thinking the question has been answered. But i guessed i missed it. -
    - ? -

I haven't tried America's Army yet, but does it have the option to change the FOV, and if so, did you? If the default FOV is 90, you should change it to 143. If the default is 80, change it to 138. There is a formula for calculating this, but I don't rember it off hand. I'm sure R0M can tell us.

For UT, you do need to run in OGL to get surround. UT is a DX7 game, and DX7 does not support the res needed for surround. It just happens to work with OGL, but is not officially supported. Go to the Epic site, and d/l the latest OGL renderer for UT, and follow the directions there for setting it up. Once you are running in OGL and triple head, the resolutions will be available in the game's menu. Once in the game, just go to the console, and type "fov 143", and you're ready. You will probably also want to turn off the weapon model, as they where not made for surround, and don't fully display properly with the FOV stretched...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin got a question for you? In quake3 I followed the instructions for surround gaming, my question is why can I not see my weapon model? Is there anyway setting I should change to be able to view my model? Thanks.
      Fenrir(AVA)
      "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
      The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
      Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

This is again because of the stretched FOV, and the fact that the game (in particular the HUD and weapon models) where not coded with surround in mind.

When you are in surround mode, you must stretch out the FOV. When you adjust the FOV, it adjusts both horizontally and vertically. But you are only displaying more horizontal, and no more vertical, so it's only mathmatically natural that some of the top and bottom get slightly cropped off the picture. Future games (like UT2k3) will have an option to scale the HUD/weapons to compensate for this.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Great so UT2003 will have built in code like Imperium Galatica 3 then? Also with 16xFAA I get this weird highlighting effect in most games...any ideas why? Thanks.
          Last edited by Fenrir(AVA); 13 July 2002, 19:14.
          Fenrir(AVA)
          "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.

Comment

I have heard (though this is not official) that UT2k3 will have a "scale_hud" option to cover this.

Comment

Any ideas on the highlighting of textures with FAA 16x? Thanks.
              Fenrir(AVA)

Comment

It has been stated by Matrox that this is a software issue, and is being looked in to.

Comment

Ah great thanks for the info, was hopeing that was the problem. Glad its not the hardware. Thanks Kruzin for the info.
                  Fenrir(AVA)

Comment

As Kruzin mentioned, as far as i know America's Army does not have fov adjustment yet. So right now you're stuck to default fov which won't allow wider view like in Quake 3. Rest assured though, that the developer will support Surround Gaming. The game is using UT 2003 and soon will incorporate the latest changes we did to it so it will fully support Surround Gaming. As for Quake 3, that is how the engine was coded, the wider the fov the farther your weapon is. Hope that helps,

Regards,
                    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

D3D works for me, but only in 1920x480. DirectX 7 games can't handle a res over 2048, so you get kicked into windowed mode if you try anything higher.
                      UT gets a bit choppy on my system in openGL (dual P3-1000), even in 640x480.
                      (wtf?) It also feels like I'm playing in slow motion (wtf?) Funny thing is it feels about the same in 2400x600 with 4x FSAA on. (wtf?)
                      I had to disable ansiotropic filtering using D3D, as my HUD & weapon/ammo displays were corrupted with it on.
                      Mike

Comment

Have you installed the new OGL renderer?
                        The game runs much better with the new renderer than it did with the original one.

Comment

I've tried the new renderer. I've also messed around with the settings extensively. For some reason UT just doesn't seem to want to run well w/ open gl.
                          Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X