Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Settings in MSPro and Workshop

Hi everyone,

I’m asking for a little bit of advice here.

Just bought DVD Workshop – to go with the Pioneer A04 I recently purchased. Everything is working fine, but you know how things are… I’ve played around by adding the “advance=1” tweak to [VIODRIVER] in‘dvdws.ini’ and opened up a load of settings that at the moment are beyond my comprehension.

Auto set motion vectors
    Motion search
    Video encoder quality etc.

You may say “leave well alone” and you may be right, but we all like to have a little play now and again.

If I wanted just to tweak the quality (encoding time not being a problem – as I tend to leave things on overnight), what would be the obvious settings to tweak first?

Thank you in advance,

Nick

Same settings, obviously, when "advance=1" is applied to msp.ini's [VIODRIVER] section for MSPro6.5

Interesting.....I will be waiting for any replies to this thread too..

thanks for posting, Nick.

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Not an expert on this by any stetch of the imagination, but I do know what I have experienced.

Motion Estimation: I have tried playing with this during capture and increasing this has a major impact on qulaity. Problem that I expereinced was that set too high I would drop frames. Shouldn't be an issue with encoding from the timeline though and you are right it should increase the time to encode. This should be set very high if not maxxed out in my opinion.

By the way this has the exact same effect on my 8500DV during capture with the ATI MMC SW, if you have this set too low it looks poor, crank it up and it looks a whole lot better. Luckily I can max it and still not drop any frames.

Motion Search: Not a lot of expereince but I do not notice a lot of difference with different settings, though with MPEG video since it is all motion based for the constructino of B and P frames, I imagine it might be important. It may have different impact on the quality of the source video, lower may let some of the noise get by without detecting it as motion or something like that. Just a theory here.

Motion Vectors: No idea. It may be something with GOP structures or matrix, never understood those really anyway.

Hopefully there is an expert out there that can shed some real light on this as I am curious as well.
      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
      X