MSP6.5 Power Patch ruins DV playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP6.5 Power Patch ruins DV playback

After having downloaded, installed, and happily played with the upgrade for all that great MPEG stuff, I suddenly find that my timeline playback for DV is all "hesitated" and jerky, and the audio no longer comes through the IEEE-1394, but is present on the audio out of my sound card.

I'll spend some time seeing if I can straighten this ridiculous development out after comparing the new ULEAD32.INI file to the old one. This problem disappears if I simply uninstall MSP6.5 and re-install it (but, of course, without the Power Patch).

This is such a ridiculous development...

I've done Ulead upgrades and patches all along, for the past few years, and this is the first time I've ever encountered such a totally screwed up result.

I wonder if anyone else has this or any other problems with previously working DV (or other codecs besides MPEG) completely or partially crapping out with this patch?

Jeff B

Most likely not what you want to hear - but thats not the case here.

Running MSP6.51a on W2K with DX8.1b and no such hassles - Also have Studio and Premiere running on the same machine with no such hassles. (G450eTV)
    Lawrence

Comment

Jeff,

You are wrong.

I have *flawless* timeline playback on my system after installing the new Ulead update.

The next time, I would suggest asking others if they're having the same difficulties before you lay wholesale blame on Ulead for what is obviously a problem with your computer.

Jerry Jones
      I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

/
        Last edited by MPR; 12 July 2002, 09:12.

Comment

Jerry,

Relax. I know you feel the need to defend the hand that feeds you, but your comments are inappropriate. Based on Jeff's post, it would clearly appear to be a problem with the Ulead patch. Just because no such problems exist on your machine is no proof that they are not Ulead related.

-S

ps. I'm also getting a little tired of your sales pitches every time Ulead releases anything. An announcment is fine, but a Ulead sales effort masquerading as unbiased information is not. You should state up front that you are selling Ulead products. Nobody who reads your comments is aware of your business unless they follow your homepage link. Intentionally or not, you are misleading people here.

Comment

miya,

You - quite simply - are out of line.

It is beneath contempt for you to claim - falsely - that I am defending "the hand that feeds me" as you are either...

a. under the impression that I am employed by Ulead

or

b. trying to deliberately mislead others into thinking that I am employed by Ulead.

or

c. trying to deliberately mislead others to think that those Commission Junction banner ads on my personal Web site "feed me."

So please get this through your head:

I DON'T WORK FOR ULEAD.

I work here in Boise, Idaho as a full-time city employee.

My job feeds me - not my Web site.

The reason I wrote what I wrote is due to the fact I deplore misleading posts: the kind that recklessly malign a product based on a single, subjective experience that is not shared by others.

You assume - wrongly - that I realize significant income from those Commission Junction banner ads on my personal Web site.

Allow me to educate you with the facts.

Commission Junction provides banner ads not only for Ulead products, but products of all kinds.

These banner ads in the six months I have displayed them have provided me with a grand total of $175.11 for the entire year of 2002!

That's only enough to cover the site's hosting costs and the domain costs.

If I were the type of person to take "cheap shots" as you are, I could make the claim that YOU "profit" from the Avid Xpress DV software about which you brag.

Either you are deliberately misleading...

*OR*

You opened your trap before you knew the facts.

a. I truly believe in Ulead products; I use nearly every single one of them as a city government employee

and

b. The ads provide enough income to pay for my personal Web site's hosting costs

and

c. I realize no income when I post a link to a Ulead news item or to a Ulead product on the Ulead Web site.

But the next time you feel like 'sucker punching' me, I hope you HAVE THE GUTS to do so here in Boise - to my face - instead of hiding behind your little computer and your fake identity like a coward.

You have a lot of nerve to attack my credibility, attempt to censor me and masquerade as a "forum cop" with authority to decide whether my spreading the news about a particular product is "right" or "wrong."

I've noted you seem to have a funny, unbalanced way of applying your criticism.

Gary Bettan posted on this very forum a notice that his business now has RT.X100 boards in stock.

Unlike me, he works full-time in the video product sales industry.

Yet - you didn't target him with your nasty verbal assaults.

You targeted me: a guy who does *not* even earn a living in the video product sales business.

Moreover, you've touted the AVID Xpress DV product elsewhere on this forum.

I could likewise react like you by slamming your credibility by accusing you of being a "profiteer" with Avid products.

Yes - I could write about you using such a cheap shot or sucker punch by accusing you of making an inappropriate "sales pitch" for Avid.

But - no - that's your style.

Hypocrite.

Like I said - you know where to find me if you have the guts (which you don't).

Jerry Jones
            Last edited by Jerry Jones; 13 July 2002, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrold Jones

But the next time you open your stupid mouth like this - I hope you HAVE THE GUTS to do so here in Boise... because I would enjoy the experience of slapping your obnoxious, CAVERNOUS MOUTH personally.

Jerry Jones
              http://www.jonesgroup.net
              Ah, WOW! That sure sounds like assault. Sorry to post this in my first message here but this guy is a nut case.

I'm a long time lurker and have enjoyed the posts by many of the regulars, Dr. Mordrid, Elie, Wally,Sciascia etc.

Geez, what a day to decide to come out and join the discussion.

Mike

Comment

I never said that you work for Ulead, just that you are selling Ulead products, which is exactly what the banner ads are for (which you DO profit from, significant income or not. $175 is more than I've made from a software company.)

I'm in Salt Lake City. Feel free to come get me.

The difference between you and Gary is illustrated by your first post in this thread. If he did that, I'd go after him too.
                Last edited by miya; 12 July 2002, 10:22.

Comment

BTW, thanks Jerry for posting the Mediastudio patch info a few days. I am enjoying the quality of the new encoder.

Mike

Comment

You're welcome, Mike.

To reiterate, the latest Ulead patch is working perfectly on TWO of my computers:

1. Work computer:

Dell Dimension 8100, Pentium 4, 1.7ghz, 512mb ram

2. Home computer:

AMD Athlon Thunderbird, 1.4ghz, Asus A7N266, 1gb PC2100 DDR memory

Jerry Jones

Comment

Mike, welcome to the Fight Club!!

Jerrold and Miya,

I don't know if you two have history or anything, but I know that both of you are above this. I am not going to take sides or tell you guys what to post, but this is one of the most well informed, respectful forums on the internet. I, being a total sellout (ATI) still come here becuase the people here really now their stuff.

Anyway I am not going to jump on my soapbox and preach, but I think that both of you have gone a little far. I appreciate Jerrold's posts about the new stuff, whether or not he does or does not make money from it is really irrelevant. If it works, then it works, if it doesn't then it doesn't. I know from personal experience that not all SW works on all systems. That is why we all hang out here, to try to find that out and get some help.

Here is a scenario, not unlike this one:

1. Guy "A" posts news about new SW in hopes to earn enough Marlboro points to finance his new summer cottage in the Caman Islands.
                      2. Guy "B" installs SW and has problems and looks for advice with a small complaint out of frustration (completely natural).
                      3. Guy "A" says that his SW works and points out that it is probably an isolated problem.
                      4. Guy "C" accuses Guy "A" of having trying to pimp his bug riddled SW on others to finance his new yacht.
                      5. Guy "A" threatens to whack Guy "C" upside the head.
                      6. Guy "C" graciously acepts.
                      7. Don King gets wind of this and charges Guy "D" $50 to watch the damn thing on Pay per View.
                      8. Guy "A" and "C" beat the hell out of eachother in what is deemed the fight of the century (pretty easy since it is only 2 years old), Don King makes off with all of the money and Guy "B" still can't get his SW to work.

Who is the winner? Probably Guy "E", he got to see the whole thing with his illegal cable descrambler.

Think of the children, why doesn't anyone think of the children???
                      WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

NO DV playback problems here either.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Sciascia,

I almost died laughing. Loved your post. I found this forum when I got my RRG and a G400. Since then I have a G400 Marvel, ATI AIW Radeon, and most recently a Canopus ADVC-100. I keep coming back here because the people here really know their hardware and software.

Interesting enough the focus of this forum used to be RRG, RRS, Marvels etc. Products that Matrox doesn't even support anymore, but I digress.

Mike

PS: No DV problems for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MPR

Interesting enough the focus of this forum used to be RRG, RRS, Marvels etc. Products that Matrox doesn't even support anymore, but I digress.
                            That is the point, most of these crazy people won't take no for an answer. The good news is that through a little teamwork and ingenuity they usually find more success here than at a real tech support forum.

This is a very special forum, I have had more problems fixed and learned more about digital video here than anywhere else I can think of. I'm feeling a little verklempt, post amongst yourselves, here's a topic, The Marvel G400TV and WinXP....
                            WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

What the hell...

Geez Jerry, it's not like Jeff and/or Miya insulted your mother or something. Take a deep breath and relax.

Comment

Working...
                              X