Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compaq Contura 410 freezes at w3.11 screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compaq Contura 410 freezes at w3.11 screen?

I have been trying to install Windows 3.11 on a Compaq Contura 410.

Install goes smooth but when I try to start W3.11 it freezes as soon as it has drawn all the windows…

I have upgraded the bios, the vga drivers, still no go….

Reinstalled from another set of disks and still the same error…

Strangely enough Windows 3 works flawlessly !?!

SYS SPEC:
    Intel 486SL
    12MB ram
    350 MB WD hdd

DOS 6.22…..

Any ideas that come to mind?

PS. Compaq’s FAQ’s don’t have any thing to say…….
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Hmm. 3.1 did not have built in networking. Did you set up any networking on the machine?

Comment

No, I bypassed that....

uppdate:

Programs do run, but any user input is ignored like the mouse or the keyboard...

Even CTRL-ALT-DEL dont produce any results what so ever
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It's not trying to use 32 bit disk access is it???
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

No, 32bit disk acces is OFF in system ini....

I'm really confused now.....

Fortunatly it's friday and only 15 minutes left of workday!

So I'l have two days of supressing the need for using a chainsaw on the darn thing
          Last edited by Technoid; 12 July 2002, 08:44.

Comment

What happens when you run it at 16 colours ????
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

hm.....
              I'l test that on monday!

Comment

Well, now its monday!

I have tested warius screen settings and still no go!

Comment

Working...
                X