I cant get BBC1, BBC2 or Channel 4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant get BBC1, BBC2 or Channel 4!

Someone please help me. I live in England in the UK and I have a problem...

I'm using the Matrox G450 eTV card and I have installed the lastest versions of the software provided from this very site.

I thought all was well and good until I tried to tune into my favourite TV stations. I was only using a little arial at the time. I used the Quick Connect software and it scanned for the channels. It came up with a list, where most of them were just fussy screens.

I thought, well it must be the arial, so I went to Argos and got the biggest arial extender and the best booster signal box there was and connected my new Matrox card to the large arial attached to the inside of the attic. Now I know this arial works cos my dad was watching BBC1 perfectly not two seconds before my interuption.

I then went back to Quick Connect again and scanned the channels. This time some channels actually came up, but these was only ITV, Channel 5 and Channel 6 (a local station). But BBC1, BBC 2 and Channel 4 are nowhere to be found.

What should I do? Please help me, mates.

On your normal TV, can you find out the channel number? (i.e. the number between 21 and 69) Try entering that directly in. I haven't used an eTV card, but I have used older video stuff from Matrox and I think you could then.

Also, on your TV, can you plug in the same cable you're using for your PC into the TV? And then if you make it search for channels, does it find them all?

Comment

Hi SteveC.

I'll give your suggesting a go.

But when I plug the same cable from the PC into the TV, it does find all the channels. I'm stumpped, but I'll give your idea a go.

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Jim,

You are definitely unplugging the cable from your PC and that same cable is going into the TV? Is the picture perfect on your TV?

Comment

Definitely, It's perfect on the TV.

Did you ever get BBC1 and BBC2 with your card when you had it?

PS. I can't find the channel frequencies or numbers to be able to type them into Matrox thing. My TV ain't got no numbers on it. (It's all high tech and stuff).

Comment

Try here http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/tv_tr...rs/index.shtml

Comment

Cheers steve.

I've got it going. I woke up this morning tried your website link and now it works!

Thanks again.

Comment

Cool - glad to know you got it working!

Comment

Right now, on BBC 1:

[A NUDE MAN!

And right now, on BBC 2:

Me telling you this.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                  X