Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requirements for collecting tolls in Kansas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements for collecting tolls in Kansas...

What college class prepares you for this job?

KANSAS TURNPIKE AUTHORITY
    JOB VACANCY NOTIFICATION

Job Title:
    Toll Collector - Part-Time - Five Openings
    Date:
    June 5, 2002

[SNIP] ------ [/SNIP]

Education Requirements and Experience That are Advantageous:
    1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
    2. Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or equivalent - some college preferred .
    3. Experience as a cashier, ticket seller, or other job requiring the handling of money.
    4. Making reports and meeting the public in a polite, courteous, business-like manner.
    [edit]
    Snipped list of requirements (have a brain, be alive, ect) to get to the "important" part.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 11 July 2002, 12:17.

I just had to check the link to believe it. I think nobody answred your thread so far coz it just too crazy to be true!
    "From the safest places come the bravest words"

Comment

Originally posted by Alice
      I just had to check the link to believe it. I think nobody answred your thread so far coz it just too crazy to be true!
      I didn't reply cause I'm too lazy to read the whole thing!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Okie, edited for your reading pleasure.

Originally posted by ZokesPro

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro

But here you are with a reply, and you probably didn't look at the link still.
          RC Agent
          AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
          AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
          AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

There's a reason why they add that. You should see some of the people that operate to toll booths here in KS.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
              Okie, edited for your reading pleasure.

Thanks dude, but still too long! Hehe, just kidding.

The class the are referring to, and I took it, is....wait you said class??????? Hehe, you don't need no stinking college class for that!!! What a joke!

I think what they are asking is just for some courteous monkey who is willing to stand around but can think too and take money!

That's just retarded! but funny!

Comment

Originally posted by RC Agent

But here you are with a reply, and you probably didn't look at the link still.
                OK ok, now I did, jeez! (i did on the post above)

Comment

Jammrock, did you ever encounter the old lady who

m...... o...... v...... e...... d....... s........ o............. s.......... l........... o............ w........ t............ h........... a............ t..................

You were tempted to tear the ticket out of her hand when getting on the turnpike, and toss your money and ticket at her when getting off? If she could get the job... anyone should qualify.

Comment

Hey guys, look at Alice's avatar, I think we have another avatar changer on our hands!

Comment

The other thing to remember is that a Kansas high school education can vary widely in quality. They stopped the teaching of evolution (at least for a while) - you may need a college education just to count change :P
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Where I went to school (in Quebec), once you finish high school your basically ready for college or university. You also need 60% to pass.

My buddy is 22 years old and has 2 years left on his Masters in Electronic Engineering. I also know this one girl who has a bachelor's in, some sort of computer related college program (I forget) and she is 19.

I guess it all depends on where you go to school.

Comment

Working...
                        X