Outlook XP Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook XP Problem

Why does Outlook keep popping this darn status window up? Is there anyway to tell it to never, under any circumstances, to show it?
    Attached Files

Make sure the option is disabled under Tools, Options under the general, send, and read tabs.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Are you using Outlook 2002/XP? I don't have any of those tabs... ???

Comment

Ohhh, XP. I was thinking Express...

You should still have an options under tools, but I don't have OXP in front of me to see what tabs would be what under options. I guess just browse through tools and see if you can't find anything related to having that window hid at all times. Should be under general or the tabs related to sending/recieving...
        System Specs:
        Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

Don't know about XP but Outlook 2000 has the "Always hide this dialog" checkbox on the dialog itself. I don't see the option elsewhere.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

If you look at the pic I attached you'll see that I have "Don't show this dialog box during Send/Receive" checked, but it's still showing anyways. :O

Comment

I saw your pic but I thought you were concerned with it showing status during other tasks. I don't have any experience with the XP version. Have you hit the MSFT knowledge base?
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I don't use XP's version either...I only use Express. Looking through their KB but I can't find anything on it. I'll keep looking and tell you if I find anything.
                System Specs:

Comment

Well, should've asked this before, but have you updated to the latest SP for Office XP?
                  System Specs:

Comment

Yes, SP1.

Comment

Well, from what I can gather, and from what others have told me here at work, is that this is an issue with Outlook XP that a lot of people have experienced. It has something to do with a corrupt dll file, and the only option is to reinstall Outlook or maybe try a repair on it. I (and no one else here at work) could find anything in the KB, but I'll still look as long as I am at work, I have nothing better to do anyway...
                      System Specs:

Comment

Ok, I may have found something, not sure if it's related but I figured why not....

Do as follows: View > Current View > Customize Current View...Then go to Other Settings...and click No AutoPreview under the auto preview section. Not sure if this is related to the window or not, but it's worth a shot I guess.
                        System Specs:

Comment

I run outlook xp at work, the only time I get that is when I do a forced send/receive, ie, by clicking the button or hitting F5 ...
                          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

That's not related Bud. AutoPreview automatically brings up the first few lines of a selected message.

P.S. Actually, it previews all messages in your view pane.
                            Last edited by xortam; 10 July 2002, 22:47.

Comment

I only get that if i minimise outlook to the systemtray using a registry hack.
                              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                              X