Jedi Knight 2 and Parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedi Knight 2 and Parhelia

I just Installed JK2 on my PC to test out my Parhelia and when Volumetric shadows are enabled, the performance takes a major hit...Is this a known issue? Otherwise with simple or no shadows the game Runs great. I have Gigacolor enabled and FAAx16 set to app pref.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I don't get this at all....just takes a long time to load the level....that is the only problem I have recieved since using Parhelia in JK2, besides FAA highlighting the textures occasionaly.
    Fenrir(AVA)
    "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
    The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
    Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Comment

Re: Jedi Knight 2 and Parhelia

Originally posted by GT98
      I just Installed JK2 on my PC to test out my Parhelia and when Volumetric shadows are enabled, the performance takes a major hit...Is this a known issue?
      I'd say that it is because Volumetric Shadows are know to causes major slowdowns on my 8500 (from experience) and the Ti4xxx cards (from JKii forums).
      "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
      Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
      DriverHeaven administrator
      PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Working...
      X