Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the Wishware begin!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!

I'm in need of a bit more money at the end of the month, so I've decided to start a new trend: Wishware!

What is Wishware?
    Simply:
    1) it's a small, but quality software
    2) it's been coded in really few minutes (maximum a pair of hour)
    3) it can be really useful or nearly useless
    4) It cost one $ or 1 €, depending on wich nation you live
    5) You pay it if you wish

For now I've developed only the first example of wishware, for all those that wanted the Reef Demo as a screensaver.
    It's called AnySaver and urgely need a few betatester, 'cause I have not a Parhelia and the reef demo to run.

Volunteers?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

My wishware?
    Based on recent real life, and goes a little something like this:

"Rich, have you finished that spreadsheet yet?"
    "No boss, my ****** computer crashed on me and ****** MS Excel ate the last two hours work."
    "You said that yesterday."
    "The ****** thing crashed yesterday too! Whatever genius designed our operating environment needs a good kick up the ****! Gimmie a thousand pounds and I could build a system that would **** all over this ****heap they've given me."
    "Okay, fill out an order form and I'll sign it off."

*Sigh* I wish......
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

RichL, a joke for you with a little lesson inside:

Jesus and Satan have a discussion as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they come to an agreement to hold a contest, with God as the judge. They set themselves before their computers and begin. They type furiously, lines of code streaming up the screen, for several hours straight.

Seconds before the end of the competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces the contest is over. He asks Satan to show what he has come up with. Satan is visibly upset, and cries, "I have nothing. I lost it all when the power went out."

Very well, then, says God, "let us see if Jesus fared any better." Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers. Satan is astonished. He stutters, "B-b-but how?! I lost everything, yet Jesus' program is intact?

How did he do it?" God chuckles, "Everybody knows...Jesus saves."

Comment

Good, but I still needs a pair of betatesters.
        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Therein lies the problem.
          Its a wonderful bug developed somewhere between Windows NT4 Sp3, MS Excel 97 and the way Excel is deployed to the NT workstation using Zenworks.

When opening an Excel spreadsheet by doubleclicking in file manager / explorer, sometimes a second version of the sheet is opened at the same time in the background, with the filename in 8.3 format.
          When going to save, it fails to save and *sometimes* saves as a temp file, and *sometimes* gives you an error message telling you whats happened.
          Usually when this happens you can cut &paste the data into a new spreadsheet and you're okay, or you can find the temp file and use that.

This time it didnt show the error message until the 3rd save attempt, then completely crashed out of Excel before I could do the cut&paste trick.

I turned the air in the office blue for a few minutes, which is about the first time anyone can remember me swearing aloud.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
          X