No announcement yet.

where are the indepth parhelia reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where are the indepth parhelia reviews?

IIRC, alot of parhelia reviews began like this: "due to (insert excuse here), we donĀ“t have time to make an indepth review of all the features parhelia offers, so we are just going to throw some benchmarks at it, indepth reviews will come later".

so where are the indepth reviews? i would like to know about its DVD-playing-quality, some more surround gaming benchmarks, some gigacolor impressions, its tv-out, etc...
    I have a feeling we only know half of what this card can do.

I plan to use my parhelia for gaming AND DVD/tv-out (hometheater, in gigacolor mode), and right now, all I know is how fast it runs in some games.

am I the only one who wants to know about these things?
    Last edited by TdB; 9 July 2002, 10:00.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

- Hah, i was thinking the same exact thing last night. I guess you can either take it either as... Review Sites seem to think that the consumer doesnt care about the card anymore, so no use in doing the 'indepth review.' Or... It just takes a very long time for reviewers to do more then simple benchmarks . -
    - ? -

Comment

I just found this triple head acrticle: http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...&page=1&bhcp=1

Comment

I don't really anticpate any more reviews... The Parhelia didn't capture the imagination (for the price) and it'll probably be MURC (Ant) who provides the next meaty review. Well, that's if he can get it all working smoothly!

Many of the review sites had a lot of information anyway so what else where you expecting? More benchies? more TH screenies? more speed ?

It's not going to be any faster in the short term so maybe reviewers will have another look when Matrox indicate noticeable performance gains have been made in the drivers?
        Cheers, Reckless

Comment

Im satisfied with the speed, what Im interrested in, is its capability as a DVD player and the quality of the tv-out.

Comment

I already posted this in the 2D/TV-out thread.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Or they simpt dont know how do to anything else besides run quake3 demos. Most review sites prob dont have proper equipment, such as oscilloscopes to compare output quality to other cards. Comparing output quality by looking at a monitor and switching between 2 or more cards can be subjective.

Originally posted by Sinistral
              - Hah, i was thinking the same exact thing last night. I guess you can either take it either as... Review Sites seem to think that the consumer doesnt care about the card anymore, so no use in doing the 'indepth review.' Or... It just takes a very long time for reviewers to do more then simple benchmarks . -

Comment

thanks for the link xortam.

most of the comments are a bit to technical for me though,but if I understand correctly then parhelia is inferior to the radeon8500 regarding sharpnes in the pictures, but had better colors(thanks to gigacolor), and it relies alot on the cpu for dvd-playback because it lacks iDCT.

Comment

Working...
                X