Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NV30+ rumours....

日本で一番人気! 海外取引所なら「バイビット」 入金ボーナスあり 新規顧客の皆さまを対象に特別キャンペーン実施中 バイビット口座開設はこちら

I've received some information regarding the NV30, NV31 and some insight of the NV40 Nvidia is working on. First off though, the NV30 is AGP 8X and it's still a go with 900MHz DDR memory. Also what is now known is that the NV30 is multi chip capable. The number of chips is an odd number. That's all I can say without giving out the exact number. I'll say this though. It's under 8. With regards to FSAA performance the NV30 has a zero (0) performance cost using 4X FSAA. Specifications have been discussed and the NV30 is able to churn out 16 textures/pixel per pass. The NV30 also uses a 4-1 colour compression technique. Nvidia has explained to us/me that the performance we all will see with the NV30 is about double the performance of the Xbox/GF Ti4600. Another feature that is not known to the public is the use of IEE 1394 or known as Firewire will be on NV30 video cards. What this feature is for wasn't discussed thoroughly and all we know is that it has to do with the hardware mpeg2 acceleration built into the chip.
    4x FSAA with NO performance hit??? I don't buy that.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

I guess their marketing machine will goto any extreme to pump up their stock value atm
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

4x FSAA with NO performance hit??? I don't buy that.
      there has been rumors, that a tiler can do that, the powervr MBX can do 4xfsaa almost for free AFAIK(note that its max resolution is 320*240*32), it is built for gameboy-like handheld devices.

however, marketing and truth rarely mix well.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Looks bogus to me. "An odd number of chips less than 8"? How cryptic can they get? Also, it will be a little while before they get their hands on 450MHz DDR chips (BTW, I absolutely hate this automatic doubling of DDR speeds).
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Maybe this "0 performance hit" is for 640x480 with medium details or something
          I can't imagine that the performance lost is 0% in UT2003 at 1600x1200x32 with maximum details.
          Specs:
          MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

This thing will do everything and they forgot to mention the free lifetime supply of games.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

That's really interesting.
              I've read exactly the same article with exactly the same words, a few days ago.

Only, it was about the R300.
              Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

how can there be a zero performance hit? fsaa requires processor attention which means it uses up cycles that other pats of the game could be using, unless they slow down chip speed when fsaa is off or have a separate chip for fsaa then it cannot possibly be true, even matrox's faa gives a slight performance hit and we are talking about full blown fsaa here!
                is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                X