This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No monitor boot on fireing up Soltek SL-85DRV3

I fired a new Via PX266 mobo today. This new mobo has the VT8753 North Bridge and VT8233 South Bridge and onboard Promise RAID Lite. It think its a rebadged Soltek SL-85DRV3
    Here's a review at lostcircuits.com

Its loaded with 2x256 MB of PC2100 Kingston DDR in slots 1 and 2 and no other peripherals - I have the RAID jumpered out at the moment. I've installed a PIV 1.6A northwood.

I plugged in a 16MB dual head Matrox G400 Max and booted - but no monitor when it fires up after the BIOS beep.

It seems to boot okay as the boot System boot Floppy goes through the motions of reading and loading to RAM - however the monitor doesnt kick in. Cant even see the BIOS boot.

I exchanged cards with my 8MB G200 Mystique which was working in my present PC for the past few years and still no result.

Strangely enough it seems to be mucking with the BIOS on the vid card as now my old 'puter (after I put the G200 back in) is not booting the monitor either until I get to the Window's
    password screen. I guess if I had a full OS installed on this new PC - then that would also may be the case.

I'm using a "Ghost" HD copy of my old PC on a 15GB IBMGXP75 to launch the new one and of course all the old settings are installed - so it could be asking "new hardware" stuff and not getting to this password stage and hence no screen on the new 'puter. Same if I use a system floppy to boot from as mentioned above.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Follow this thread for a few replies I have so far....

Please don't cross-post the same thread in multiple forums.
    Since you are getting replies in the duplicate in General Hardware/Software, this copy will be closed.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
    X