Computer Desks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Desks

Can anyone suggest to me a nice L shaped or corner type desk? I'm trying to find one that can handle a 21 in montior plus 2 19in satalliele montiors . The desk I have now is ok, but has a hutch type top to it that isnt removeable and thus is very limited on the amount of desktop space I have. I'm trying to keep it under $400 at the most..cheaper the better.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I've been looking too GT98 for my upcoming new system. What you need to do is look at a few in person. I went to Office Depot not too long ago and looked at a lot of desks/chairs. I think Office Max has desks too. But basically I went in and just browsed around, and their websites will have some info on them too. I think I'll end up making my desk though, but looking at other desks gave me some ideas.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

I would take a stroll thru a used business furniture showroom as well, you'll get to see if the size assembled is OK or not

plus you can get matching chairs, filing cabinets, etc....
      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I found this at the OfficeMax site.

Oboy
        Time to make the wafers!
        Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
        jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Be sure once you get there to refresh the page.

Here's another one without the hutch of course.

Shop office supplies, furniture & technology at Office Depot. For paper, ink, toner & more, find trusted brands at everyday low prices.

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Have you tried Ikea?
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

It might be more expensive, but if you want this desk to last, I'd go with wood. And if you have the tools and the skills, I'd try building one if you have the time. I'll be starting on mine next week.
              System Specs:
              Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
              May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
              Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
              And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
              just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
              For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

I'd have to second the idea of visiting a used business furniture store if you're on a budget. You can get some very well constructed desks at a big discount.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Here you go:

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I'd also suggest Ikea, odd as it may seem. I have a desk from them, forgot the name, someone else here got one of them too... It's from one of their office lines, so you could get matching file cabinets, differently sized (up to 1x2 meters) and shaped tables, etc. It's not exactly cheap, though, but very stable. Didn't have any problems supporting 100 kg

Another, quite cheap, alternative would be buying the surface for the desk (is there a word for it?) and the legs separately - there are nice surfaces for about 40,- EUR for 160x80cm, and legs start at 12,50 EUR for four legs.

No pics, as ALL IKEA sites are crawling from here.

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                    X