Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to play VCD with Win-DVD over DVDMAX fullscreen on TV with G400-DualHead???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to play VCD with Win-DVD over DVDMAX fullscreen on TV with G400-DualHead???

Hello everybody,

... as said above, does anybody know how to watch an Mpeg1-Video (VCD etc.) with Win-DVD over DVD-MAX on G400-TV-OUT in fullscreen ???

I've tried thousands of settings without any success, I always got a small (~ 1 Quarter of TV-Screen) Picture in the upper left corner of my TV !!!
    Does anybody know how to fix it, how to get it fullscreen on TV???
    SVCD and DVD works good, no problem, only in case of VCD or other mpeg1 videos, DVDmax does not scale to fullscreen ...

hoping for help,

Greetings,

riv7

Check if DVDmax is properly set to NTSC or PAL, it must match your TV.
    main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Hi MetalCartman, thanks for hint, but every setting you can check in Powerdesk or Win-DVD I've tried , believe me , that's why I'm so confused ...

Do you use Win-DVD/G400/DVDmax-Combination, and if yes does VCD/Mpeg1 play fullscreen at your TV ? I can't understand because SVCD- and DVD-Windows are scaled perfectly to fullscreen-TV in DVD-Max-mode, only VCD/Mpeg1 not ....

Does anybody who uses Win-DVD with a G400 and TV-out have solved the problem for himself and can give me a hint ???

thanks,

riv7

Comment

enable 'preserve source cropping' in DVD-MAX properties (and disable the other 2 options there if not needed).

Comment

Hey dZeus,
          you've got it, thanks very much, that was the only thing I didn't try, because I couldn't imagine that 'preserving some sort of Cropping' could help to enlarge my little quarterscreen sized mpeg1 picture to fullscreen.... thanks a lot !!! ... maybe it is the german translation of that option name that confused me ....

I couldn't understand it because it works in Mediaplayer and in Win-DVD not .... but I want to use Win-DVD for VCD-Playback, because with Mediaplayer, I have some sort of video and Audio hopping while playing back which I can't explain, System performance is enough, 800 mhz Duron should be enough for playing back Mpeg1, isn't it ....I can't explain these choking video and audio every few seconds, but Win-DVD seems to manage it better ....
          sorry for my bad english and thanks again, for helping,

riv7

Comment

Working...
          X