5.84 drivers borked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.84 drivers borked

since i installed the 5.84 two or three days ago my whole computer freezes randomly. sometimes it just freezes, sometimes the screens looks "funky". i have never experienced this before and i am sure that it's because of the 5.84 drivers.
    i will go back to 5.82 and see if the problem goes away.
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

What Os are you using.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Installed the 5.84 yesterday, they caused freezes in 3DMark2001 after 3 seconds. OS is WinXP. Switched back to 5.72 (WHQL), everything fine again. Seems there's something wrong with this new release.
      main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

WinXP, no problems with 5.82 so far.

Comment

XP say no more go back to the earlier drivers if they work.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The 5.84 drivers are stable for me under win2k. I also see a performance increase in 3dmark2000. The performance increase on my G400max at the default speed gives a higher 3dmark score then what i got with the old 5.82 drivers with my G400MAX overclocked by 10MHz

Comment

I've been using 5.84.023 BETA drivers since they were released and so far haven't encountered any problems.

I don't think they changed anything in the drivers when they went to the final release version, did they?

If they did I would have thought they would have changed the version number.

Comment

No problems with 5.84 on my Max playing Q3A on W2K-AS.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Just updated my system at work, which has a G450 dualhead PCI card running under Windows XP Pro, with the 5.84 drivers and so far everything is running fine. Actually helped to correct a couple of problems I was having with getting into the advance configuration settings. I also updated the BIOS.

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

now that i've run the old 5.82 again for a while i can 100% say that the 5.84 were resposible for the lockups. but 5.82 work great so it's no problem

Comment

Opps forgot to mention that they suggested removing the older drivers first and I forgot. Still have no problems.

Joel
                      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Geez people, if i went to a mechanics and said my new transmission is broken, the mechanic and all his friends would not say "well, mine works" & "i have one and it works fine" Instead, they might actually offer to try and troubleshoot the problem. Instead of saying that yours works (utterly irrelevant) why not help the poor bugger.

Anyway, when it freezes mate, press CTL-DEL-ALT, click on processes, and click the CPU column title. That will put any program that is hogging the CPU to the top of the list. Bingo, thats your problem. The one taking up most of the CPU time. Click end process, and see what happens
                        (Easy fix, common problem.)

If it is really screwed, (maybe the 5.84 drivers conflict with your software at boot, or other drivers, who knows!!) post back, im a qualified technician in australia with extensive experience, I can put together computers blindfolded, and there hasn't been one son of a bitch computer in 8 years I havent set straight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjezza
                          Geez people, if i went to a mechanics and said my new transmission is broken, the mechanic and all his friends would not say "well, mine works" & "i have one and it works fine" Instead, they might actually offer to try and troubleshoot the problem. Instead of saying that yours works (utterly irrelevant) why not help the poor bugger.
                          Hardly a good analogy. In fact, that's a piss-poor analogy. If others are not seeing the same problem, there is not much they can do to help. It's not like it could be a bad solenoid or sensor, as in a transmission. If others are using the same drivers and they are working fine, it makes it a much harder problem to troubleshoot than a bad tranny component.

If it is really screwed, post back, im a qualified technician in australia with extensive experience, I can put together computers blindfolded, and there hasn't been one son of a bitch computer in 8 years I havent set straight.
                          Well, good for you. There are many people here with as much experience or more than you (myself included, been doing PC tech work for over 15 years here). If you have had any history of remote support, you would know that just because you can handle a problem with the PC in front of you, that doesn't mean you can figure it out with the PC 1000 miles away.

Now, if you have anything productive to add to the thread, please do...but don't come in here dissing long-time, experienced members just because they are not seeing the problems someone else is.
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by bigjezza
                            Anyway, when it freezes mate, press CTL-DEL-ALT, click on processes, and click the CPU column title. That will put any program that is hogging the CPU to the top of the list. Bingo, thats your problem. The one taking up most of the CPU time. Click end process, and see what happens
                            (Easy fix, common problem.)

Not much good if the machine has locked up hard and you can't bring up the task manager.
                            Are you sure you've being working with comps for eight years??
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

i have the same problem after i updated my g400 bois with v.2.56.
                              the screen freezes sometimes
                              so i changed the bois to the old one v.2.55
                              the problem looks like was gone
                              but i;m not sure

btw:it seems that new bois v.256 was canceled in MGA SITE

Comment

Working...
                              X