Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parhelia and Neverwinter Nights mouse cursor prob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia and Neverwinter Nights mouse cursor prob.

In surround gaming mode, the mouse curser ingame seems to flash/flicker non stop. Any idea if its just me or is there a fix out there?

Also for whatever reason when NWN scans my system its reporting my cpu as a -1700mhz, heh.

I had the exact same problem , on my G400. Highly annoying.
    The only thing that fixes it is ticking "Use Hardware to draw colour mouse pointer" in the Advanced Display Options. The pointer looks to have less colour in game, but it least it's stable. Not sure if this can be set on the P, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.
    "You win again gravity!"

Comment

I have a R8500 and get the same problem.

Comment

Hmmm, obviously it's not hardware specific. I haven't seen anything on the Neverwinter Official Forums about it. Better do some searching
        "You win again gravity!"

Comment

It's probably a more driver specific problem. I got NVN going on me Marvel G200 <b>PCI</B> and I haven't got said cursor problem. (Only problem is MAJOR slowdown in large complex areas )

J1NG

Comment

Actually after a, slightly, more thorough (cough) search I found quite a few posts. http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...lashing+cursor and a solution.

All you have to do is edit the "Enable HardwareMouse=1" line in nwn.ini and change it to "Enable HardwareMouse=0". It works, and the cursor is in 32bit! Unlike the 256 colour of my earlier, quick and dirty, workaround.

J1NG, the slowdown on my G400 has just become less major
            It must be painful on a g200, what is the rest of your system like?
            "You win again gravity!"

Comment

The machine with the G200 Marvel PCI (That gets to pay most of the new games around my place) has the following spec.

Intel Pentium 4(a) 1.8 Ghz 400Mhz FSB
              Gigabyte 8IRXP (Yes, THAT board )
              1GB PC2100 ECC RAM
              80GB Ata133 Maxtor 740 RAID 0 from onboard controller
              Sound Blaster Live!
              19" Sony G420

I get about 12 to 21 fps at 800x600x32 at 85hz usually with all the detail turned down, hey it IS a <b>PCI</b> card after all you know? . Depending on the area, I can get up to 26fps or as bad as 0.2 fps (Yes <b>0.2</b> ). Though I've only seen about four areas that do that.

Oddly, many people complain about things with their new cards, yet I get virtually no problems with my old one. (Short of fps of course )

J1NG

Comment

Well that's interesting. I get similar fps, measured with FRAPS, but with a totally different system emphasis. ie : low budget but reasonable quality/performance for gaming

AMD Duron 900
                MSI K7T LE
                256 MB PC133 RAM
                Matrox G400 MAX
                20gb Quantum AS + 13gb Quantum KX
                Hercules MuseXL
                17" CTX, Triniton tube + 15" Creative/KDS Monitors

Same in-game graphic settings, but I've found changing sound to
                the "Miles Fast 2d etc" option reduces a lot of slowdown. FPS ranges from 24 down to 8, mostly around 16/17. As you say, why buy a new card just to complain about it? I've hung onto the ol g400 because of the features (Image quality, Dualhead and DvdMax). I could buy a Gf4ti4200, but I can't find any quality/features comparsion of nView to Dualhead. And most retail bundles don't include little things like DVI - Vga adaptors
                At least you get all the cables/connectors you might ever need with a matrox. Unless something comparable (and cheaper) comes along i'll be buying a 64mb Parhelia.
                "You win again gravity!"

Comment

I am curious, what kind of performance do you get with the Parahelia running Neverwinter Nights, and also, does 16xFAA work? I honestly would like to buy a Parahelia, but I must know how it does with NWN.

Comment

3072x768 and 16x faa with the "good" graphic setting was smooth. When I set it to "best" at that surround resolution it was a tad choppy.

If you want the card for single display, I'd assume it would be great at any resolution + 16x faa.

Comment

Working...
                    X